Mitt turns a well meant point into a gaffe (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:18:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt turns a well meant point into a gaffe (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt turns a well meant point into a gaffe  (Read 998 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: July 11, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »

Not a gaffe.

Of course, Obama's deceitful campaign will take 10 seconds of that and turn it into an ad, but once more of it airs, I think a lot of Americans would agree with the point Mitt was making - Choice in education shouldn't be based on how much money you have.

Deceitful? Cry me a river. The Obama campaign is responding to questionable things that Romney has actually said, which, lets be honest, is the gift that keeps of giving. They may use the quotes to fit a specific narrative but that's how campaigns work.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:21:09 PM »

Not a gaffe.

Of course, Obama's deceitful campaign will take 10 seconds of that and turn it into an ad, but once more of it airs, I think a lot of Americans would agree with the point Mitt was making - Choice in education shouldn't be based on how much money you have.

Deceitful? Cry me a river. The Obama campaign is responding to questionable things that Romney has actually said, which, lets be honest, is the gift that keeps of giving. They may use the quotes to fit a specific narrative but that's how campaigns work.
Which, considering the context, is being deceitful, as the ad will probably have nothing to do with education.

Well, let's also keep in mind that we totally just made up an Obama campaign ad.

All presidential campaigns take unfortunate comments and squeeze the life out of them.  Clinton and McCain had a field day with some of the things Obama said early in 2008, but now he's a pro at staying on script and on message (with just a few slip ups). Romney is still working on that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies