Do you ethusiastically support any candidate at this stage? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:14:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do you ethusiastically support any candidate at this stage? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you ethusiastically support any candidate at this stage?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Do you ethusiastically support any candidate at this stage?  (Read 5481 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: May 10, 2014, 06:48:11 PM »

I'm kind of jaded from 2008.  I thought Obama would be a transformational political figure because he had a unique vision and personal story.  He hasn't been that figure.  That's not to say I fault Obama for that failure.  I'm disappointed in the American political system, not Obama. 

This time around, I don't want a transformational figure.  I want the consummate Washington insider.  I want a cold-blooded, experienced operator who can govern with personal favors and malice for our corrupt, annoying system. 

In other words, I'm ready for Hillary. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:55:27 PM »

Whoever is eventually anointed as the anti-Hillary.

Which will probably be someone like Jim Rogers, Darcy Richardson, or Lyndon LaRouche. Wink
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 11:02:33 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2014, 11:05:56 PM by IceSpear »

Whoever is eventually anointed as the anti-Hillary.

Which will probably be someone like Jim Rogers, Darcy Richardson, or Lyndon LaRouche. Wink
Your deluded if you don't think anyone will run against Hillary. Several candidates will, even if they have no chance in hell of beating her. They need to set themselves up in 2020 or 2024, after all.

Even if Hillary runs, expect Dean, Schweitzer, Sanders, and O'Malley to run, and maybe even a few other wildcards like Feingold, Hickenlooper, Nixon, Kaine, etc to jump in as well.

I said no such thing. Are Jim Rogers, Darcy Richardson, and Lyndon LaRouche not people?

Also, Kaine? http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/tim-kaine-hillary-clinton-2016-106300.html

Nixon said he'd only consider a run if Hillary didn't. Dean is obviously done with politics. Maybe Schweitzer will run as the Democratic version of Newt Gingrich to try to sell books.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 02:05:39 PM »

Obviously no (sane). I'll end up rooting for Bernie Sanders or Brian "possibly super-corrupt but so are the Clinton so eh" Schweitzer if they run. Otherwise I'll enjoy the opportunity to have the Libertarian candidate's banner under my avatar for a while.

I must say that someone seamlessly transitioning from a Romney hack without equal to #ReadyForHillary really says a lot.

I'm not sure someone who will support whichever far-right libertarian candidate their party puts up has much moral highground to criticize a Romney supporter.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 08:35:33 PM »

Obviously no (sane). I'll end up rooting for Bernie Sanders or Brian "possibly super-corrupt but so are the Clinton so eh" Schweitzer if they run. Otherwise I'll enjoy the opportunity to have the Libertarian candidate's banner under my avatar for a while.

I must say that someone seamlessly transitioning from a Romney hack without equal to #ReadyForHillary really says a lot.

I'm not sure someone who will support whichever far-right libertarian candidate their party puts up has much moral highground to criticize a Romney supporter.
But I'm sure I remember why I put you on ignore.

You must be under the mistaken assumption that I care.

And what's the point of putting someone on ignore if you're just going to read their posts anyway?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies