Should a gasoline tax be levied to subsidize/jump start the ethanol industry?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:23:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should a gasoline tax be levied to subsidize/jump start the ethanol industry?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should a gasoline tax be levied to subsidize/jump start the ethanol industry?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Should a gasoline tax be levied to subsidize/jump start the ethanol industry?  (Read 3916 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 02:02:26 PM »

Hybrids are pretty much a joke Nym, even the car dealers themselves will admit it. You can buy small jap cars that can compete with/outdo hybrids that are using conventional combustion engines. Plus another negative is hybrids have very expensive fuel cells to replace (1500-2000$).

you are pretty much a moron. No car dealership in the world would want to dissuade you from buying a car. there is strike #1. strike #2 is no Japanese car can get 60+ mpg. oh and strike 3 is your name is statesrights.

Actually they did! So, why don't you a) grow up and b) get over yourself. Oh, and no hybrid consistently gets 60mph and that's been proven. Go take your 16 posts and go pound sand, fool.
DuEbrithil
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 02:46:42 PM »

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do?action=browseList2&make=Honda&model=Insight

what was that? Oh right, they only hybrid you have ever heard of is the prius right? you forget about honda. I believe that says "user averages" or about 60+ mpg. hmm. That is very interesting isnt it? after all, didnt you just say that no hybrid gets 60 mph (i assume you mean mpg) consistenly. Well, i do believe this makes me right! Post count has no direct correlation to intelligence. Sorry buddy. you lose this one.
WiseGuy

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2007, 03:32:19 PM »

No!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2007, 08:47:28 PM by StatesRights »

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do?action=browseList2&make=Honda&model=Insight

what was that? Oh right, they only hybrid you have ever heard of is the prius right? you forget about honda. I believe that says "user averages" or about 60+ mpg. hmm. That is very interesting isnt it? after all, didnt you just say that no hybrid gets 60 mph (i assume you mean mpg) consistenly. Well, i do believe this makes me right! Post count has no direct correlation to intelligence. Sorry buddy. you lose this one.

Those vehicles have been proven to be pretty equal to standard combustion engines in situations in which the speeds are over 20/mph. Those hybrids may be nice for crammed stop and go metro areas but if you live in a rural area a fuel efficient Japanese vehicle or quality diesel is about as if not more effecient then a hybrid. Plus, if it breaks down, it won't cost me 2000 dollars to replace a fuel cell. Smiley

Plus your link says right in red at the top of the page: "DISCLAIMER: Average user estimates are based on data from Your MPG users rather than official sources. Since the source data cannot be verified, neither DOE nor EPA guarantees the accuracy of these estimates." Plus, those vehicles are small and unrealistic for the average american family.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I win, again. Smiley
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 10:04:20 PM »

A tak of 9,000% needs to be applied to gas in the states south of the mason dixon line and Utah because the feds can. Plus death penalties for both the violators and their families to make sure nobody smuggles in gas illegaly.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 10:06:38 PM »

i prefer a gas guzzler tax.

a tax of 3% on the sale of a new, non-commercial vehicle that gets below 22 mpg.

every 2 years the mpg threshold should be raised by 1, to keep manufacturers on their toes.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 10:26:27 PM »

i prefer a gas guzzler tax.

a tax of 3% on the sale of a new, non-commercial vehicle that gets below 22 mpg.

every 2 years the mpg threshold should be raised by 1, to keep manufacturers on their toes.

Something like this already exists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Tax_Act
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies