Would you be happy with Obama or McCain winning? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:40:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Would you be happy with Obama or McCain winning? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Even if you have a favourite, would you be satisfied with either candidate winning?
Yes, both of them would be fine

No, [the other guy] is awful

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Would you be happy with Obama or McCain winning?  (Read 3827 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: April 15, 2008, 12:03:04 PM »

Hell no. McCain is a media whore, a panderer, a corrupt piece of human trash and a murderous, bloodthirsty thug.

Tune down all of that and remove the uniquely BRTD stuff and you have my opinion.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 01:20:36 PM »

if Obama were elected, I would really feel like America doesn't exist anymore.
That's about the most hackish thing I've ever read.  Your username is accurate.
I was just giving my emotion on the matter.  It is not an intellectual position, just the way I would feel if I had to watch him take the oath of office.

Why?

Not that hackish. It's how I felt in 2004. Everybody remotely partisan feels that way.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 01:24:19 PM »

I would not feel okay with Obama being President because I don't believe he'd put America first in his decisions. He's even said that when he talks about dealing with other nations as not putting America above them.

Non sequitur. You're interpreting his comments completely incorrectly. What it means is that he'll treat other countries as equal, won't look down on them. Where that means not putting America first is unknown to me.

if Obama were elected, I would really feel like America doesn't exist anymore.
That's about the most hackish thing I've ever read.  Your username is accurate.
I was just giving my emotion on the matter.  It is not an intellectual position, just the way I would feel if I had to watch him take the oath of office.

Why?

I used to respect Barack Obama because I felt he was trying to get beyond the red-state/blue-state divide that has unfortunately settled into our body politic.  I doubt I would have even considered voting for him (see my username) but he did have my profound respect.

Since that time, the veil has been lifted and it turns out that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  The "hate Bush" crowd has rallied around him, and then we learned that his pastor made hateful remarks about our country in Obama's presence and Obama just sat in the pew without challenging the remarks or leaving the church.  Then he had the gall to just excuse Wright's attitudes, not admitting that Wright is passing along his own hate and bitterness to another generation of African-American youth.

Living in Memphis, you realize that African-Americans are much like Caucasians, yet you also learn that the resentments and attitudes that plagued previous generations aren't dead.   In fact, they may be getting worse.  When so many members of a group believe they are owed something, and you can't ever seem to repay the debt, it is extremely flustrating.  Yesterday it was the just and rightful principle of equality under the law, Today it is equality of outcome, Tomorrow it will be reparations for hundred-year-old greviances.   I cannot in good conscience support a President who apparently shares these resentments and acknowledged them by his silence at his "church". It will not get better unless we all step away from our bitterness, and dismantle the phony concept of race that was used to subjugate "non-White" people.  At first I thought Obama might be capable of this task... now I realize that he will only empower the nascent effort among blacks to use race to subjugate whites.

Now Obama has run off to his San Fransisco friends and reinforced their prejudices about hard-working Americans.  He didn't make the elitist remarks at a closed steel mill, he made them in San Franscisco.  I haven't lost a manufacturing job but I'm deeply offended.  I am tired of the elitism of the Democrats, and equally tired of the sepratism of the Republicans - who are unfortunately just as quick to make scapegoats of citizens of Massachusetts or San Fransisco.

You're saying people out here don't work hard? AngryTongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:21:22 PM »

Everyone's taxes will go up when the Bush tax cuts are rolled back, not just the extremely wealthy.

I'd suggest you take another look at the numbers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies