Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:35:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort  (Read 35844 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 11, 2017, 12:22:12 PM »

Are you all serious?

"If it's what you say I love it, especially later in the summer." Trump Jr. explicitly was advising Goldstone to drop info closer to the election. Like, what sort of person's reaction to "...s part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump" isn't immediately contacting the FBI?

This stuff is ridiculously incriminating, and he CCed Manafort and Kushner on the whole chain.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 12:30:53 PM »

Are you all serious?

"If it's what you say I love it, especially later in the summer." Trump Jr. explicitly was advising Goldstone to drop info closer to the election. Like, what sort of person's reaction to "...s part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump" isn't immediately contacting the FBI?

This stuff is ridiculously incriminating, and he CCed Manafort and Kushner on the whole chain.

The reason hes releasing it is because he knows he'll get away with it. The GOP could care less

What does "The GOP" have to do with whether or not Don Jr. is hauled in front of a court on espionage charges?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »

Are you all serious?

Well let's see. When the Ukrainian government offered to help the Clinton campaign did the Clinton campaign call the FBI? Or did they actually accept the help? It was the latter wasn't it. Should they have called the FBI instead?

What gave you the idea that I have any interest in defending Hillary Clinton? If there's wrongdoing there, absolutely her campaign should be held liable. But that's not what we're talking about right now, we're talking about the demonstrably proven legal issues that Trump Jr. just admitted to to the whole world.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »

Wait manafort and Kushner were CC"d on this? are you serious?

*starts cackling like a maniac*

The last page of the correspondence is forwarding the whole previous thing to Kushner and Manafort to set up a time for the meeting.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »

Are you all serious?

Well let's see. When the Ukrainian government offered to help the Clinton campaign did the Clinton campaign call the FBI? Or did they actually accept the help? It was the latter wasn't it. Should they have called the FBI instead?

What gave you the idea that I have any interest in defending Hillary Clinton? If there's wrongdoing there, absolutely her campaign should be held liable. But that's not what we're talking about right now, we're talking about the demonstrably proven legal issues that Trump Jr. just admitted to to the whole world.
Its a very good illustration of how disingenuous all this fake outrage over Don Jr's alleged 'crime' is.

What fake outrage? I am not a fan of campaigns collaborating with agents of foreign powers who want to influence the election to their own purposes.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 02:00:41 AM »

By the way, Jared Kushner, a federal officeholder, managed to leave multiple visits with Russian government contacts off his disclosure form that you sign under threat of perjury.

Even if the rest of them end up OK, Kushner has a cut-and-dried perjury case in his future.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 02:56:48 PM »

My favorite is #21.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 03:55:03 PM »

We need a Nixon Impeachment thread so I can go full EnglishPete. I keep wanting to argue that Nixon's impeachment was a real witch hunt by Tip O'Neill and his Democratic gang but keep feeling the thread isn't the right place for it. OTOH, it might not be the wisest thing to demonstrate my rabid Nixon bonafides.

Eh, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

As you were.

Go for it. History board is open for that sort of thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies