Poirot for Senate(s) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:20:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 55723 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: March 01, 2014, 08:56:09 AM »
« edited: March 01, 2014, 08:58:38 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Sorry! Yes, the three days is for voting only. Debate is not limited. I should have put a period. Not try to make long sentences.

To recap. VP uses his powers to move the process of bills and not always wait for PPT to do everything. The 3 day was for voting period. I think now it can last seven days. Regional assemblies have votes that last a fews days usually so why not require senators to be as active in voting. This should reduce waiting periods and speed up things.

I hope I'm more clear now.

While the VP is more powerful then the PPT, it is the case that the VP has no power to alter the Senate rules for that would be a violation of th explicit terms of thE Constitution, which leaves the rule making of thE senate solely within the domain of the Senate itself. In order to reduce the vote times, requires an OSPR amendment.

That being said there is a lot the VP could do to keep things moving more swiftly. He could fill in the gaps if the PPT is delayed and/or vice versa to ensure a vote is opened as close to the earliest time as possible and likewise closed. The VP can also work to keep the administration's slots filled and moving fast, split ties as they come up and ensure that confirmation hearings are started swiftly.

As for final vote times I support going down to five myself since we went from 5 to 3 on amendment votes in the previous senate, and it has been an enormous benefit to the speed of the chamber in conjunction with the increase in the number of slots. That is how we managed what will likely be a record number of bills passed or failed, in spite of a record ~93 amendments to legislation (up from 74 in the previous Senate).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 12:27:07 AM »

It had been my hope to get to serve with you in the Senate at least once. Hopefully, one day we will both be in the chamber together. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 01:06:10 PM »

You show em Poirot Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »

What would the enforcement look like for that? There are trolls in this game that just don't care.

There was a time when litterally everyone who merely registered was accused of being a sock or the next zombie voter by one side or the other. Barnes was accused of being a sock, Badger was accused of being ogis (hilarious now that Badger is a mod).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »

The type of people who do that, will not care what people think of them. Including the worst offender, who is probably already one of the most unpopular people on the forum.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »

I'll send in a gang of Southron tuffs to bust him out of Alcatraz. Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 11:40:58 PM »

I find it shocking the left has seemingly completely abandoned Proportional Representation for districts. Griffin goes on and on about leftists not degrading itself into being liebruls or JCP, but the JCP always prayed daily to the alter of the At-Large Senate seats and many of them like Snowguy were vocal proponents of an all At-Large Senate, which I dutifully opposed for as he or TNF would say, "muh regions". Tongue

I just find it hard to fathom that the leftist support for the At-Large system has completely imploded when it is something that one would presume to be in the blood so to speak.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 10:29:32 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2015, 10:37:50 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Poirot left Belgium for England during the first world war (he later moved to Atlasia).

Mr. Poirot, do you expect to live through your term if elected, seeing as you are over 100 years old?

I believe Yankee has reached or is surpassing Strom Thurmond levels as well.

bgwah has held office almsot continously since 2006. Pacific Governor 2006 - Oct 2008,  Preisdent Oct 2008- June 2009, Attorney General June 2009- Feb 2010. Senator Feb 2010-Feb 2012 and Supreme Court Justice 2012-2013, Chief Justice 2013- The only break was in early 2012.

The only difference besides him being here since 2004 (I came in Dec 2008) and having held office since 2006 (compared to 2009 for me), is he had much more variety in his record.

And Oakvale has been here about as long as I have minus I think ten months. Polnut, Bacon King, Lief, Duke, PiT, Al, Xahar, Fritz, Griffin, Earl and many others were all here before I was.

So lay off the selective age standard, Young Turks. Tongue We get it, you don't like anyone over 35. Never pegged you for much of a hippy but whatever.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 09:46:31 PM »

I love Halloween.

Very high preference man, very high preference. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies