DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:50:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 271175 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« on: January 06, 2021, 02:46:55 PM »

This is a trite observation at this point but if these people weren't white or were on the left there would be blood in the Capitol right now. No respect at all left for people who continue to vote Republican after this. Law and order is a bad joke at this point and I am convinced that anyone who parrots these talking points just hates black people.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 03:31:49 PM »

I generally oppose lethal force used by police but this has got to come to an end.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 03:42:26 PM »

Speaking of Northam wtf is Larry Hogan doing??? The MD National Guard should be there yesterday.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 03:48:42 PM »

I generally oppose lethal force used by police but this has got to come to an end.

If the police start killing people on the spot, especially innocent protestors, fire will be returned. They better be smart this time.

These people are not “protestors”.

Just as we saw with BLM last summer, most people protested peacefully and a loud minority protested violently. It's unfair to paint these groups with a broad brush.

There is no “loud minority”. These people are criminals who should be met with the full force of the law.

And you know what's funny? This is the exact same thing the blue avvies were saying last summer. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Americans love their guns, yes, but the vast majority of gun-owners are law-abiding citizens, and they would never harm another person except in cases of self-defense. They are allowed to carry openly where the law allows. Yes, prosecute the violent lawbreakers, but even still, let's not view those people in the same way we view home invaders or armed robbers.

I agree, I'm not saying that the cops should be indiscriminately killing people, but people's lives are in danger right now (unlike some Target getting looted or something). At the very least the security personnel should have been way more prepared for this.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 05:10:12 PM »

Y'all probably already saw this but Rep. Cori Bush is calling for the expulsion of the "coup caucus"

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 05:12:30 PM »

Y'all probably already saw this but Rep. Cori Bush is calling for the expulsion of the "coup caucus"

Throwing out hundreds of elected representatives is a great way to turn this into an actual Civil War.  What a moron.

Not sure if you have heard, amigo, but those representatives were attempting to throw out equally elected electoral votes. Also, not hundreds.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 05:26:27 PM »

I have to say, Mike Gallagher's comment on CBS just now was rather flaccid.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 05:28:16 PM »

"When protestors tried to take the Capitol"
hahahaha

It literally says the Capitol steps. Can you read?

Actually, you're from Alabama, so maybe not.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 05:49:08 PM »

I was wondering whether Ben Sasse's schtick would backfire after Trump did better than expected, but it appears he gets the last laugh.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 11:55:51 PM »

No GOP senators objected to Georgia's electoral votes (read: Cruz and Hawley cucked out)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 04:30:49 PM »

Imagine thinking a block party is comparable to an attempted coup.

Imagine thinking a "block party" involves "four shootings, two deaths, arson, and several alleged sexual assaults."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/7/2/21310109/chop-chaz-cleared-violence-explained

So still not as bad as yesterday, even if you ignore the trying to overturn a presidential election and install a dictatorship aspect of it. To say nothing of their motivation of lynching Mike Pence.

If Antifa or BLM actually stormed the Capitol like some Black Panthers instead of just burning down random businesses, smashing windows, looting, and having a "block party" and demanded change; I'd probably have more respect for them.

🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 01:36:55 PM »

Sen Roy Blunt: Trump "learned his lesson", shouldn't resign

Quote from: Daily Beast
Remember when Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) explained away her decision to acquit President Donald Trump of impeachment last year because, in her opinion, “the president has learned from this case?”

Well, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO) gave us the sequel to that hopelessly naive notion on Sunday morning.

“I think the country is the right way to hold presidents accountable,” he said. “The president should be very careful over the next 10 days that his behavior is what you would expect from the leader of the greatest country in the world.”

“My personal view is that the president touched the hot stove on Wednesday and is unlikely to touch it again,” the senator continued. “And if that’s the case, we get—every day we get closer to the last day of his presidency. We should be thinking more about the first day of the next presidency than the last day of his presidency.”

I really, really wish that fool would have lost to Kander.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2021, 01:15:35 AM »

Random thought while looking up Boebert's info while trying to see if it was her, I found out her son's name is Kaydon. Why am I not surprised?

In what way? Is there any significance to the name?
The -aiden (well sound) names are just kind of stereotypical tacky white names that you’d think someone like her would bestow upon a kid.
Also, names like Tanner, Colton, Wyatt, Cody, Logan, etc.

No offense to any of you who have one of these names lol.

Brendan, go get Trenton
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2021, 11:57:52 AM »

Reminds me of the crowd belittling school shooting victims because they weren't sufficiently close to the people who were dying, pretty disgusting imo
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 05:46:46 PM »

FWIW: Tomorrow is another "big day" in the QAnon theory, and Congress has cancelled its session after receiving threats of an attack from a militia group. Several Twitter users are claiming to be in DC and preparing for "something" along the lines of a repeat of 1/6.

I sort of wonder what the next day Trump will definitely be inaugurated will be after tomorrow comes and goes and Trump is still in Florida
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 11:15:11 PM »

I've been looking forward to March 4th for months. The QTards on the message boards I lurk on are becoming restless. They want to take matters into their own hands.

I've heard some rumors that some of them are now saying March 20th is the "real" date.  No idea how they came up with that.

I'm hoping that it's just 4/20 lmao, because I can think of only one other reason that date is notable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies