The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:09:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness (search mode)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness  (Read 20996 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2018, 01:32:14 AM »

54 now though.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2018, 05:23:43 PM »

I'll give this poll 10 more mins and then shut it down, there don't seem to be any more responses. If you do want to respond do so now.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2018, 05:53:22 PM »

HASLAM2020 LEADS IN SOUTHERN SENATE RACE
The results of The Atlasian Post July election poll shows Senator Haslam2020 leading over challenger #TheShadowyAbyss. With 22 responses to the Southern question, the turnout for this question was strong and likely over half of the ultimate Senate electorate. The partisan composition was 50% Federalist, 18.18% PUP, 18.18% Peace, 9.09% Alliance and 4.55% Independent, which seems roughly in line with the actual census data(except Peace is over-represented compared to PUP, but that doesn't matter as both parties would support TSA). The race isn't safe yet for the Federalists, but Haslam remains a strong favorite and there is plenty of work for TSA to do if he hopes to win. Nationwide, Haslam's approval rating is 48.1%, the lowest of any Senator, but the nationwide electorate is much less pro-Federalist than the Southern one. At this stage therefore, The Atlasian Post is rating Southern Senate as Likely Federalist.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2018, 06:11:51 PM »

Nationwide partisan composition

Admittedly this is not representative but as there's no Lincoln or Fremont specific questions I don't think it matters very much.

I myself was quite startled by the congressional numbers but maybe it's accurate if the poll as a whole is representative.

There is strong support for allowing voluntary deregistration.

Dueling is unlike that, however this question didn't ask about views on its legality so should not be used to justify policy changes in this area.

For the October 2018 presidential election; please tick the boxes of all the potential candidates you would consider voting for.(54 responses)
North Carolina Yankee-53.7%
Razze-53.7%

Not Madigan-50.0%
Adam Griffin-48.1%
Pericles-46.3%
wxtransit-40.7%
Ninja0428-38.9%
tmthforu94-38.9%
TheSaint250-38.9%
fhtagn-37.0%
weatherboy1102-35.2%
dfwlibertylover-31.5%
Mr Reactionary-29.6%
Louisville Thunder-27.8%
Haslam2020-1.9%
TheShadowyAbyss-1.9%
Winfield-1.9%
Zaybay-1.9%
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2018, 11:21:24 PM »

FEDERALISTS WIN ANOTHER CRUSHING VICTORY IN THE SOUTH
July 20-23 2018 Southern gubernatorial election
Tmthforu94 - 24 (64.86%)
WI: Razze - 11 (29.73%)
FairBol - 2 (5.41%)

July 20-23 2018 Southern Chamber of Delegates election
Federalist; 5 seats
Peace; 1 seat
PUP; 1 seat
7 seats
4 for majority

TheSaint250(Federalist), Ben Kenobi(Federalist), Young Texan(Federalist), Spark498(Federalist), Bagel23(Federalist), HCP(Peace), Tim Turner(PUP) are elected

Alliancite thumb21 lost to Bagel by a margin of just 0.02, edged out on the final preferences(which in a full disclosure I personally was saddened to see happen).
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2018, 08:01:18 PM »

EDITORIAL: OPPOSING UNOPPOSED ELECTIONS
This is ridiculous. Fremont keeps on having unopposed elections, these two Senate races, the Class I Special, the FM election, Galaxie's special,  the June Senate race, Canis's special. This is more than just an anomaly at this point, it points to a systematic problem in Fremont. It should be something that concerns all Fremontians, and not a partisan issue. I've heard someone on Discord saying that I only oppose unopposed elections when it's not a left-wingers going unopposed. And yes, I'll admit I'd prefer a left-winger to win 100% of the vote than a right-wingers to win 100% of the vote. But the best elections are competitive elections, and I'm not jumping for joy when only one person is on the ballot-regardless of their ideology. The parliamentary elections have larger fields, but they're not supposed to be truly competitive and aren't. They are the easiest elections in Atlasia to win and I'm not saying we should make them harder to win because it's a good first start for newcomers(I was once a newcomer). But plenty of other elections should be competitive. The last contested election was April's FM race and it wasn't much of a contest. I found my April Senate race a bad experience on a personal level, but for Fremont needs more races like it. We had a close election, a debate, candidates campaigning, an actual contest. And I'm sure we could have had more races like it-be we saw with the write in controversies people the unopposed candidates weren't and aren't universally popular. I'll admit I'm partially to blame here, I considered running against Sestak and one of the main reasons I chose the House instead was because I presumed he'd beat me-and maybe he would have. But if everyone has that attitude, we'll get a game that is increasingly stagnant and uninteresting. Please, take some risks, if you want to run then do it. We need more candidates with fresh visions, don't underestimate yourself. I don't know exactly why we have this systematic problem in Fremont-maybe it's got something to do with us having the fewest people. But I know we shouldn't accept this situation, or presume it's inevitable. I don't have all the answers, so please comment on this post and try and give further insight into why we have this problem and what we can do about it. Let's discuss this issue and not let this situation of unopposed elections be unopposed. Or maybe I'm wrong-if I am tell me that too.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2018, 12:07:10 AM »

I also did meme write-ins when Canis was unopposed for parliament, and you are right that I'm a bit biased on this, but I do think the point overall is valid that we shouldn't be having these unopposed elections.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2018, 12:23:51 AM »

Why should I be required to support candidates just because they're on the ballot? That attitude is part of the problem. And this regional issue has impacted on PUP. We can try step up our game though and we'd still end up having uncontested elections. Also cool dog pic.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2018, 12:32:42 AM »

I didn't say you should support a candidate just because they are on the ballot, just don't pretend you actually care about uncontested elections when you are more than fine with them when the only candidate is a left winger.

Did you actually read the article?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2018, 12:55:24 AM »

I mean to be fair unopposed elections keep happening because no one is running if you want that to change encourage more people to run.

Oh I'm not blaming you for running unopposed-you should get credit for putting yourself on the ballot. And that's a big part of it, but I'm getting the feeling that the problem may run deeper.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2018, 10:28:56 PM »

Btw, following 1184AZ's departure the co-editor position at The Atlasian Post is vacant. I will be accepting applications-if you're interested in working for this newspaper please PM me either here or on Discord.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2018, 12:37:03 AM »

Fremont Senate races
wxtransit, having voted for the candidates in the wrong races(deliberately though but still), and being deregistered, is invalid. dead0man is the last counted. Polls close at midnight on Sunday(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=297429.0)
CANIS SET TO WIN SENATE RACECanis; 100%(14 votes)

The Atlasian Post projects that, for Fremont's Class I Senate seat, Canis has been elected

LATE SURGE FOR WRITE-IN WALLACE?
Tea Party Hater; 64.29%(9 votes)
HenryWallaceVP; 35.71%(5 votes)

The Atlasian Post projects that, for Fremont's Class II Senate seat, it is Too Close to Call

Note that Wallace is a valid write-in candidate, having confirmed his candidacy and written in himself, and furthermore he has told me he intends to win the Senate seat outright.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2018, 02:38:34 PM »

Fremont Senate races
wxtransit, having voted for the candidates in the wrong races(deliberately though but still), and being deregistered, is invalid.ProudModerate2 is the last counted. Polls close at midnight on Sunday(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=297429.0)
CANIS SET TO WIN SENATE RACECanis; 100%(17 votes)

The Atlasian Post projects that, for Fremont's Class I Senate seat, Canis has been elected

TEA PARTY HATER LEADS WRITE IN WALLACE
Tea Party Hater; 58.82%(10 votes)
HenryWallaceVP; 41.18%(7 votes)

The Atlasian Post projects that, for Fremont's Class II Senate seat, it is Too Close to Call

Note that Wallace is a valid write-in candidate, having confirmed his candidacy and written in himself, and furthermore he has told me he intends to win the Senate seat outright.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2018, 10:45:35 PM »

Fremont Senate races
wxtransit, having voted for the candidates in the wrong races(deliberately though but still), and being deregistered, is invalid. ProudModerate2 is the last counted. Polls close at midnight on Sunday(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=297429.0)
CANIS WILL WIN SENATE RACECanis; 100%(22 votes)

WRITE IN WALLACE TAKES THE LEADHenryWallaceVP; 54.55%(12 votes)
Tea Party Hater; 45.45%(10 votes)

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2018, 11:03:03 PM »

So you deleted your first ballot and trying to vote again?

Truman told me it was legal to revote. I was wary but I trust his judgement and he's more knowledgeable in these issues than me. He did not have any involvement with me deleting my ballot, I did that because I didn't want my 3rd pref for TPH to give him the edge over Wallace.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2018, 12:09:03 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2018, 12:16:25 AM by People's Speaker Pericles »

GRIFFIN, CANIS WIN SENATE SEATS FOR SURE, WALLACE LIKELY WINNER IN FREMONT
July 2018 Senate elections
PUP; 3+2
Federalist: 2_
Independent: 1+1
Alliance: 0-2
Mario: 0-1
6 seats
4 for majority

Left wingers now have a majority in both houses of Congress. The left-wing Senate majority, if all vote, is veto-proof, though the Federalists with 4 seats in the House can still uphold presidential vetoes.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2018, 12:13:03 AM »

Fremont Senate races
wxtransit, having voted for the candidates in the wrong races(deliberately though but still), and being deregistered, is invalid. Lumine is the last counted. Polls close at midnight on Sunday(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=297429.0)
CANIS WINS SENATE RACECanis; 100%(23 votes)

WRITE IN WALLACE WINSHenryWallaceVP; 52.17%(12 votes)
Tea Party Hater; 47.83%(11 votes)

Note that Wallace is a valid write-in candidate, having confirmed his candidacy and written in himself, and furthermore he has told me he intends to win the Senate seat outright. Note that Wallace's win is based off the assumption that my vote is valid, if it is invalid then the outcome will be a tie.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2018, 12:22:52 AM »

Fremont Senate races
wxtransit, having voted for the candidates in the wrong races(deliberately though but still), and being deregistered, is invalid. Lumine is the last counted. Polls close at midnight on Sunday(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=297429.0)
CANIS WINS SENATE RACECanis; 100%(23 votes)

WRITE IN WALLACE WINSHenryWallaceVP; 52.17%(12 votes)
Tea Party Hater; 47.83%(11 votes)

Note that Wallace is a valid write-in candidate, having confirmed his candidacy and written in himself, and furthermore he has told me he intends to win the Senate seat outright. Note that Wallace's win is based off the assumption that my vote is valid, if it is invalid then the outcome will be a tie.

Your vote for Wallace is illegal and does not count therefore it should be a tie. I will be contesting this if your illegal vote stands.

Please do contest so we can clear this issue up. If the vote is not counted that decision will be contested too.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2018, 04:35:13 PM »

Reminder that positions are open at The Atlasian Post and if you want to join now is your opportunity.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2018, 08:36:52 PM »

I'm delighted to announce that Senator Haslam2020 has joined The Atlasian Post.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2018, 12:12:13 AM »

I have a new poll, this is for Southerners only. August 10-13 Southern Senate race poll. It is on the upcoming Senate race between Haslam2020 and weatherboy1102 on August 10-13. Note that despite working for this paper, Haslam will not see your personal data, and neither will weatherboy. The poll will of course close by August 10. Additionally, please put your username so I know the response is legitimate. Responses without usernames will be deleted as I can't prove they're by Southerners at all(especially due to the differences between this and our usual polls).
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2018, 09:57:04 PM »

This poll has 21 responses so far-keep 'em coming!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2018, 10:43:53 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2018, 11:29:47 PM by People's Speaker Pericles »

tmthforu94 will also be working for The Atlasian Post and I'm delighted to have him on board.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2018, 11:30:17 PM »

This poll is now closed.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2018, 12:02:45 AM »

SENATOR HASLAM2020 HOLDS COMMANDING LEAD OVER WEATHERBOY1102*

Partisan breakdown
41.7% Federalist
20.9% PUP
20.9% Peace
8.3% Independent
4.1% Other 4.1% Alliance
Presidential preferences**
North Carolina Yankee-33.3%
Don't know/unsure-11.1%
razze-11.1%
Dallasfan64-5.6%
Mr Reactionary-5.6%
Not Pericles-5.6%
Poirot-5.6%
Scott-5.6%
TexasGurl-5.6%
tmthforu94-5.6%
Truman-5.6%

The Southern Senate race, without much fanfare, will happen from August 10-13. And it looks like incumbent Federalist Senator Haslam2020 is the heavy favorite to win. I'd be hesitant to rate this race as Safe, and I think it's possible for progressives to win in the South, but this election will most likely be a Haslam win and this race is Likely Federalist. The Federalist base will likely boost Senator Haslam to a win, and in addition he has appeal with the South's swing voters(few and far between but there are some). Southerners also approve of Governor tmthforu94 and President North Carolina Yankee. The presidential preferences give an interesting insight, and more people want Federalist candidates than progressive candidates(though Yankee's incumbency boosts this margin, and this question with the fewest responses is likely the least reliable). weatherboy1102 still looks likely to win the support of a sizable minority of Southerners, but it's doubtful that can become a majority in this race.

*This poll had 24 respondents. That is over half of the likely electorate, which hopefully bodes well for the poll's accuracy.
**This question had 18 responses
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies