Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:23:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021  (Read 70706 times)
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« on: March 23, 2021, 09:55:03 AM »

I really can't blame people for not showing up. I'd be pretty miffed too if the US had elections this often.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 04:09:46 PM »

Why are there so many parties? In other parliamentary democracies, you end up with two major parties and a few smaller ones. Why is this different in Israel? It seems like there are just a bunch of small-medium sized parties + Likud.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 05:37:00 PM »

Why are there so many parties? In other parliamentary democracies, you end up with two major parties and a few smaller ones. Why is this different in Israel? It seems like there are just a bunch of small-medium sized parties + Likud.

Infinitesimal Factionalism. If you want to have your mind blown every one of these parties except maybe Yisrael Beitenu is either an umbrella organization/alliance for smaller parties and factions or a merger of several parties and factions - including Likud. I don't recommend it to anyone deeply familiar with Israeli politics, but there is a good primer for the uninformed that I wrote for DDHQ (which is itself a summery of the two that I wrote for the newsletter) up on their site right now that explains why this is a thing.

AKA: you put two Jews in a room you get 3 opinions but politics.

As someone unfamiliar with Israeli politics, that article was super helpful.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies