Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:19:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 130355 times)
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« on: December 08, 2017, 09:33:11 PM »

Look at all this economic anxiety:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 10:08:58 PM »

There is a huge difference between both parties. I doubt if a Democrat could get away with what Moore is accused of in any state, even in Vermont.
We arrest our predators, they elect them.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 10:34:32 PM »

There is a huge difference between both parties. I doubt if a Democrat could get away with what Moore is accused of in any state, even in Vermont.
We arrest our predators, they elect them.

Why did you try to put Bill Clinton back in the White House?  Again that was not ancient history.  You were part of it.

If Bill had been impeached and convicted in 1999, Gore would have become President.  He probably would have been elected in 2000.  That would have changed the world.  
Fair point. Democrats have been sleazy in the past regarding people like Slick Willy, but the stark difference between the two parties right now is undeniable.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 06:28:56 PM »

Another pretty good video from Team Jones.
I like it because he seems to somewhat tack to the right on this one(maybe to seem slightly more palatable to anti-Moore Rs), but not in a way that makes him seem phony or like he's trying to out-Republican the Republican(see: Alison Lundergan Grimes).
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 06:32:02 PM »

Another pretty good video from Team Jones.
I like it because he seems to somewhat tack to the right on this one(maybe to seem slightly more palatable to anti-Moore Rs), but not in a way that makes him seem phony or like he's trying to out-Republican the Republican(see: Alison Lundergan Grimes).
if only this was played on commercial breaks of trumps speech...
Yeah. The unfortunate part of this video is that it may be too little too late. Not sure if it could really get to anyone or change anyone's minds anymore.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 12:23:00 AM »

How is trash talking voters who support an alleged pedophile elitist and derogatory?

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I bet some Jones supporters are using this language in Alabama.  I bet it is boomeranging. That may be why the polls are going the way they are.

I said alleged pedophile, which he is. He has been alleged to be a pedophile. No one can prove he is or isn't right now, that's what alleged means. Even voting for an alleged pedophile is awful and should be treated as such, in my opinion.

"Pedophile" seems to trigger Arkansas Yankee in a way that reminds me of something. Remember how racists hate being called racists the most?
Hmmmmm...
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 12:30:50 AM »

How is trash talking voters who support an alleged pedophile elitist and derogatory?

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I bet some Jones supporters are using this language in Alabama.  I bet it is boomeranging. That may be why the polls are going the way they are.

I said alleged pedophile, which he is. He has been alleged to be a pedophile. No one can prove he is or isn't right now, that's what alleged means. Even voting for an alleged pedophile is awful and should be treated as such, in my opinion.

He still cannot be an alleged pedophile. By definition they deal with children through 13.

If they use the language, I bet it backfires a lot in Alabama.

I'm genuinely uncomfortable, and a little upset, by the way you're behaving in this thread and the previous one about this election. Roy Moore is accused of robbing children of their innocence, childhood, and so much more. It doesn't matter if they were 13 or 14 (as Leigh Corfman says she was in her allegation). They were underage and he was allegedly  in a position of power and influence. That's what matters. I don't argue on the internet, but I will say that I hope you treat this and similar issues with more respect and maturity in real life than you do here instead of defending people who are accused of this, and defending people who would vote for someone accused of this

I refer to Powerline blog for much better statement of my concerns with the only two victims who statements actually allege abuse:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/12/beverly-nelsons-credibility-takes-another-hit.php

We now know that Nelson has lied about the notations in the yearbook.  What else is she lying about. Saying that, she may be telling the truth.  But she may not be.

Corfman alleged that her emotional problems began with Moore’s molestation.  However court records indicate she was in court for those emotional problems, when she met Moore.  The court records indicate her emotional state  got better after the alleged molestation.  I like the writer of the article do not know whether to believe her.

I also know that 38 years have passed without further allegations.  I do not believe that mercy is not available for him.  I would choose to send him to the Senate, as he would support more of the policies I support than Jones.  I would let the Senate ethics Committee deal with whether he should remain in the Senate and the validity of the claims.  

Please get off your self righteous horse.  Quit denigrating the morality of people who do not agree with you.

By the way I do not think the mere allegations against Franken are of a nature to drive him out of the Senate without a hearing.  I am not interested in engaging in a witch hunt for political heads.

I'll stay on my self-righteous horse because I can honestly say I would cross party lines to avoid voting for an alleged pedophile. And while I'm still on my self-righteous horse, I'll say that I sincerely feel sorry for you.

X100
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 01:23:46 AM »

Let's just all agree on the term "kiddy diddler" ok? Also Ted Kennedy.

Ok with me.  But a huge number of people do not know what it means.  They might not google it.

Why don’t you just say what you claim he did.  You should also say he did it 40 years ago.

If someone killed someone 40 years ago, they're still a murderer.

Everyone but Ted Kennedy.

Oh! I forgot you are to young to be held responsible for him.  Bull! I holding you responsible.  

Oh it was not premedated.  Well it was cowardly and someone died.

I think a lot of Alabamans are feeling like me

An additionally I will not support someone who will use his first votes to shut down the government, if directed by his masters.
Ted Kennedy is dead. Ted Kennedy is not running for anything. Nobody is defending him. You defending your support for a pedophile that is currently, presently running for a seat in the US Senate because "muh Ted Kennedy" gets old.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 09:12:36 AM »

How about we wait for the election before sh!tting all over the basic decency of Alabamans?
That's fair. I'm just preparing myself for/accepting what is likely to happen. I cope with it by insulting Alabama and its people.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 10:18:20 AM »

From the Atlanta mayoral election to the Virginia gubernatorial election and many others across the nation this year, Democratic enthusiasm has been seriously underestimated. I'm not saying I expect Doug Jones to win, but it's still possible folks.

From all that I’ve seen, whether it’s poll data, focus groups or individual anecdotes, this has all the markings of another Handel-Ossoff. It’s already a tough area, and the race has become nationalised. Higher postal turnout in all areas suggests both sides are getting fired up, which effectively results in stasis. I’m preparing to wake up disappointed on Wednesday morning.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 11:33:28 AM »

It's nice to see Shelby sticking with what he believes in. I imagine that he's been under a lot of pressure to switch back to Moore, but he hasn't done it. It's too bad that he can't just endorse Jones, but at least he won't support Moore.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 11:47:25 AM »

I feel like the fact that Moore is not on the campaign trail at all his final week (and barely was before) and that Jones is touring the state and commanding the airwaves and digital ads is underrated. Moore isn't giving people a reason to vote for him.
He doesn't need to. He has the Magic (R) next to his name. That will help him significantly, considering it's Alabama. Besides, everyone already knows who he is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies