Would you vote to authorize military force in Syria? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:15:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you vote to authorize military force in Syria? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Would you vote to authorize military force in Syria?  (Read 2895 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: September 01, 2013, 12:01:14 PM »

It is becoming more difficult to say yes. Only because Obama has done such a terrible job nurturing American relations with many of the European powers. I mean, the people look at America in a much better light than they did when Bush was president, but it seems awfully clear that Bush really did go out of his way to, say, make the special relationship with the UK actually mean something. It's all just fancy buzzwords to Obama.

Look at the coalition Bush managed to put together for Iraq. Pretty impressive when you see that the only person of substance Obama's managed to sway is Hollande (unless I'm missing something). I still think there should be a military strike of some kind, but the whole thing has been so bungled. The States should've intervened years ago. Now we've got a shady group of rebels to deal with that we can't trust hasn't been completely infiltrated by al Qaeda, as well as a huge pile of allies who don't trust Obama's judgement enough to agree that action is necessary. How could anyone possibly say this has gone smoothly?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies