Will Obama have to call in the National Guard to enforce the gay marriage ruling? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:43:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Will Obama have to call in the National Guard to enforce the gay marriage ruling? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will the National Guard be necessary?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Will Obama have to call in the National Guard to enforce the gay marriage ruling?  (Read 5209 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« on: June 19, 2015, 05:15:03 PM »

There will be extreme pressure from national Republicans for compliance because they desperately will not want to be associated with George Wallace the year before a presidential election.  I think any resistance will be limited to 1-3 states, with Brownback, Fallin, Abbott or Bentley being the most likely to push the limits.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 09:42:43 PM »

If Oklahoma didn't go the nullification route, I doubt even Alabama will.

Alabama is already on the nullification route. I highly doubt they will suddenly change just because a few more justices tell them to do so.

Oops, forgot it's already legal in OK and they apparently fully complied, so scratch Fallin off my short list.  And amazingly, there was no organized resistance to it in SC either.  I really think this comes down to AL and KS.  MS doesn't want this on their record after the horrific mess there 50 years ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies