Presidential Survivor (ROUND 14) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:33:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Presidential Survivor (ROUND 14) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Survivor (ROUND 14)  (Read 15481 times)
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« on: May 07, 2005, 11:47:46 AM »

As much as I hate to, I am going to vote for Franklin D. Roosevelt.

It's a shame that the Democrats have started this aggressive campaign to get rid of the current president, when there's plenty of dead wood left that should be culled first.  I think it's premature to get rid of recent/current and highly consequential presidents, but if the Democrats want to push the issue, we have no choice but to fight back.  That's the only reason I voted for LBJ in the last round, and the only reason I'm voting for FDR now.

The Democrats didn't start this!  What do you mena fight back?  The Republicans have been on the offensive all game.  We've had our modern presidents knocked off one by one for a number of rounds now.  How many recent Republicans have lost?  I think we should be knocking off deadwood, but we have to unite to save a truly great president, and GWB seem to be the ony candidate we can unite around.   
FDR, for the same reasons as dazzle.

This partisanship has gotten out of hand.  I suggest a cease-fire: for the next three rounds let's all agree not to join in concerted* efforts to eliminate the following:
FDR (if he survives this round)
Truman
JFK
Reagan
Clinton
George W. Bush (if he survives this round)

Note that I left three Republican presidents off the list, but no Democrats.

* Concerted means concerted.  Individuals can still vote for whomever they like, but they should refrain from jumping on a partisan bandwagon simply to protect their own.  If the majority of voters agree to back off for three rounds, then the minority can still express their personal hatreds without starting a war.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 11:50:54 AM »

Also:
It looks like one party is going to be really pissed off after this round: either FDR or W is going to leave.  That's why this cease-fire is so important.  It would be a real shame to see Reagan or Clinton go next round simply out of revenge.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies