PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:08:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286864 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« on: May 17, 2022, 03:05:41 PM »

Let's go Barnette! Watching the incoming conservative race-baiting ("Will liberals call her potential election to the Senate historic?") is going to be entertaining. LOL.

Barnette would still have a 50/50 chance of winning so be careful what you wish for
I’m fully aware and don’t care. Lol. She’ll vote the same as Oz. And none of her extreme stunts will gain traction or legitimacy. She’ll be an embarrassment to the GOP and not much else.

Yeah. Barnette is possibly the only person who could lose this race.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 11:06:13 PM »

Another thing is that posts of a GOP candidate usually have some supporters too. But every Oz tweet is just Fetterman supporters dunking on him. It just goes to show that even though Conservatives will vote for Oz, they don't actually like him that much.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 10:14:25 PM »

Oz raised only $3M lol (he loaned himself $12M)
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 12:22:59 PM »

Are there any vaguely competitive Senate races where the Republican is likely to have a financial advantage over the Democrat? To my knowledge, the Democrats are outraising the Republicans in Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Ohio and even Florida.

The only one I can think of is Wisconsin because the Democratic primary is unsettled and relatively late.
Having a 5-1 donations advantage is a sign of total defeat, I know.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 05:54:05 PM »

Going to bookmark this thread when Oz wins. The Oz Derangement Syndrome is real.

Usually having net negative positives among your own party is considered and losing by up to 10% in the polls in a R-wave year is considered 'concerning'
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 03:53:15 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2022, 04:02:35 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

Definitely shocked at how unimpressive and weak candidate John Fetterman really is. Posters here are again falling for classic Twitter hype as they did for Gideon..

At the end of the day Trump territory is going to hold still for Oz and Mastriano, with a few counties swinging here and there, then Philly and it's suburbs swings towards Oz, carrying him across the finish line..

After election day there will numerous inquieries on how Fetterman sat on his ass, being a twitter lord, etc.. by the same posters who kept screaming and pushing how glorious he was.

He had a stroke.

Oz writes these things himself. Fetterman is not running a terminally online campaign. He's using all forms of media to communicate his message. Republicans don't know this, but there's a group called 'young people'. Historically, the don't turn out in midterms, but things like this can inspire them to vote.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 09:37:47 PM »

This race has a combination of factors. For instance, some states have two bad candidates- Hassan and Morse/Bolduc, some have two average (Hassan/Laxalt), some have one good and one average (Kelly/Masters) but PA is the only one that has unquestionably a great candidate and a terrible candidate.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 01:55:16 PM »

I don't see this whole continuing "i'm going to attack you for having a stroke and properly recovering from it!" thing working out well for Oz

Fetterman's response, with a ratio of course:

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 06:22:57 PM »

I don't see this whole continuing "i'm going to attack you for having a stroke and properly recovering from it!" thing working out well for Oz

Owned.

Every. single. time.

How is this owned? All fettermen does is bring up the New Jersey thing over and over and over again. Both of them are cringe worthy to be honest.

A) you're clearly not from PA and B) this is not going to be 'both sides'-ed. Fetterman's social clap backs are nowhere near on the same level as Oz's.

No, I’m not from PA, but that is literally is response every single time. Just referencing NJ.

Well, yes, because online especially, this is the most potent attack against Oz, and even in real life, one of the attacks that lands the best. Fetterman would be dumb not to attack Oz with something so potent.

Not to mention I trust someone in PA more than an outsider.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 07:35:34 PM »

Owned.

Every. single. time.

How is this owned? All fettermen does is bring up the New Jersey thing over and over and over again. Both of them are cringe worthy to be honest.

A) you're clearly not from PA and B) this is not going to be 'both sides'-ed. Fetterman's social clap backs are nowhere near on the same level as Oz's.

No, I’m not from PA, but that is literally is response every single time. Just referencing NJ.

Well, yes, because online especially, this is the most potent attack against Oz, and even in real life, one of the attacks that lands the best. Fetterman would be dumb not to attack Oz with something so potent.

Why is it the most potent attack online specifically? I’m not saying that has no impact but I fail to see how that can be so potent over the actual issues and platforms of the two candidates.

There are plenty of attacks on the issues. Am I supposed to just post a tweet on inflation policy when I can post this:

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 08:06:00 PM »

Yep everyone (particularly in PA/surrounding area) hate New Jersey.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 09:21:32 PM »

Hell, I was BORN in Trenton and lived there until I was 6, and I have that knee-jerk dislike of New Jersey.  Many Pennsylvanians who have even deeper roots here despise the Garden State.

Through my work on some state legislative races, I’ve heard from plenty of Independents that they’re loving the Jersey Oz/Tourist Oz/Wizard of Oz remarks.  They find it both funny and accurate, and appreciate that Fetterman’s media comes off more like a dude you would have a beer with and not some stiff neck politician.

Collective hatred of something is a very effective tool.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 09:36:32 PM »

*Sigh*
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2022, 12:15:06 AM »

*Sigh*

LMAOOO just.....whaaaaat? Why?

I'm literally sitting here struggling to figure out (between gasping for air from laughing) what to criticize first in this tweet. Like....STOP LINKING YOUR OPPONENT TO A POPULAR PUBLIC FIGURE WITH A HUGE YOUTH FOLLOWING. I mean, who is approving this garbage? Is Oz's social media person a Fettermam/PA Dem party plant/double agent? Are they destroying his campaign from the inside? Also, I can't really think of any democrat or independent I know who doesn't want to transition from fossil fuels to clean/renewable energy. Gas companies are literally gouging us and Oz is really out there trying to gin up sympathy for them? Everyone I know wants an affordable electric car that they can charge much cheaper than filling a tank of gas and they want their local utility powered by solar/wind/nuclear.

Oz: "My opponent is good friends with this super cool dude and they both want to stop using the product that is cooking our planet and switch to clean energy that will also be cheaper than gas ever will be again. If this sounds horrible to you, vote for me! I want more fracking so that rural Pennsylvanians can keep lighting their faucet water on fire!"

*Used car salesman grin with the helmet hair*

*two thumbs up*

I mean there is a non-zero chance Oz himself is a double agent. (since he himself had Bernie on his show like two years ago).
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2022, 01:36:08 AM »

People from outside PA don't seem to understand the whole PA-NJ thing. You just wouldn't get it unless you lived here. This attack would not work if Oz was from any of the 48 other states (or 95% not nearly enough). It's just different.

I get it.  Imagine if CCM or Mark Kelly were running against some celebrity Republican who was known for living in a huge mansion in Beverly Hills.  "People from [neighboring state] suck!!" is a fairly universal thing.  Smiley

NJ especially.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2022, 03:41:50 PM »

Not only is Oz keeping the BS memes, he's also re-using them:

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2022, 06:35:36 AM »

People from outside PA don't seem to understand the whole PA-NJ thing. You just wouldn't get it unless you lived here. This attack would not work if Oz was from any of the 48 other states (or 95% not nearly enough). It's just different.

I get it.  Imagine if CCM or Mark Kelly were running against some celebrity Republican who was known for living in a huge mansion in Beverly Hills.  "People from [neighboring state] suck!!" is a fairly universal thing.  Smiley

It’d be like some dude from Michigan running in Ohio.

No, it would be liked Jim Harbaugh ran for mayor of Columbus.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2022, 08:05:16 PM »

The best strategy against Fetterman would be to try and paint him as an out-of-touch phony who is more interested in being a celebrity than a politician... too bad for the Republicans that this strategy doesn't work when your nominee is a literal out-of-touch phony celebrity.

Worked in 2016.

Dr. Mehmet Oz and Donald Trump have very different appeals.

As in Trump appeals to Ww/oC voters while Oz appeals to nobody.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2022, 05:08:11 AM »

Does anyone know which third parties/independents got/will get ballot access?

The Libertarians, Constitution, and a GOP-affiliated independent as opposed to one Green.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2022, 05:09:48 PM »

So I think we can safely say Pat Toomey's BS will help the Republicans? /s
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2022, 05:20:46 PM »

Oz/NRSC's new ad up on TV is.... something. These ads always push out context quotes but this one where they insinuate that Fetterman wants to release 1/3 of violent prisoners just out into the streets and then use the quote "I'm trying to get out as many as we can" truly made me chuckle. Like, at least if you're going to use his words out of context, don't make them seem so truly outlandish to the point where you just have to laugh because you know that's not what he meant.

Seems Oz/Rs only play is to keep using the "crime" angle (Headline in the ad is "CRIME SKYROCKETING!"). Just more typical lazy fearmongering.

You're on the ground. Do you think it'll work?r
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2022, 03:47:04 PM »

Weird side note, but is it just me or has Fetterman been losing quite a bit of weight? That’s a good thing for him prolly though he’s always gonna be a bigger dude

I mean he had a stroke. Often times medical issues can cause that. Nobody has ever gotten fat on hospital food.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2022, 02:21:46 AM »

Oz has now made three of the lazy Fetterman posts in the last 24 hours and has even registered www.fraudsterfetterman.com
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2022, 03:37:11 PM »

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2022, 06:34:36 PM »

Whatever he does Oz always gets ratioed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies