I'm retiring from Atlasia. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:32:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm retiring from Atlasia. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm retiring from Atlasia.  (Read 1593 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: March 19, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »

Several people have known this for about a month, but I figured I'd announce it publicly.  Given how incredibly unpleasant and unfun my career in Atlasia has been, I'm not going to run for reelection to the NE Assembly or for any other offices in Atlasia.  Cue lynch mob on 1, 2...
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:49:11 PM »

As for Wormy -
He made a mistake by running an "unserious" campaign the first time out. That is a luxury that no populares could take and get away with longterm because the view among most is the party is unserious by design. It needs to work against and destroy established "perceptions", many of which are unfair, and Wormy instead only reinforced them. Now of course, he was new and thus had no way of knowing this ahead of time, only just what he was told. If you run the events that followed out with this as a starting point and considering even reasonable outrage for yourself in his shoes, it's easy to not only understand why certain things happened, but actually to feel sorry for Worms.

That sums it up just about perfectly.  Of course I'm not sure just how "reasonable" I was, but I'm glad you can at least see yourself in my shoes.

that is a good idea.  hope to see you some in the other parts of the forum.

Can we be friends again? Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies