NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:41:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?  (Read 47247 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« on: November 20, 2020, 06:05:46 PM »

Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 11:46:14 AM »

I don't know much about him, is he a 'strong candidate'?

He's actually #unelectable

LOL. Are you joking ?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 11:53:57 AM »
« Edited: December 01, 2020, 12:00:27 PM by Frenchrepublican »

Actually Walker is a pretty decent recruit.

He is easily a B+ candidate, and to be honest he is likely a stronger one than the person democrats will put against him

The problem for democrats, besides the likely unfavourable climate, is that their bench has been clearly weakened over the past 10 years and they don't have a lot of solid potential recruits (Cooper is unlikely to run / Stein barely won reelection / Marshall has lost most of her crossover appeal and is very old / most other elected democrats come from safe seats and are too liberal in order to win statewide).
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 12:01:09 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2020, 12:06:18 PM by Frenchrepublican »

Bishop and Trump alike would flatten him if either were to run. That said, likely R until I have a reason to call it otherwise. I don't trust my state in the slightest.

Bishop ? Why do you think he would flatten him ?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 12:37:55 PM »

Bishop and Trump alike would flatten him if either were to run. That said, likely R until I have a reason to call it otherwise. I don't trust my state in the slightest.

Bishop ? Why do you think he would flatten him ?
All Bishop has to do is remind the people of North Carolina that he tried to stop the radical transgender agenda and the Senate seat is his, unless Trump runs.
Walker is a pastor, I doubt you can accuse him of being a liberal on social issues.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 02:45:09 AM »

Any word on whether or not Jeff Jackson is running?

I assume he is, but haven't seen anything definitively saying he's jumping in.  If he does run, he is opposite from Cunningham regarding candidate quality (Cunningham always underperforms). 

It's really crazy how some people have a short memory, for the past twelve months many posters on this forum explained that Cunningham was not only going to win by a healthy margin (even after the minor scandal broke out), but also that he was going to overperform Biden significantly, and now many of these same posters are trashing him

Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 04:27:13 PM »

I like Beasley but I worry about her chances in the general. She lost a statewide race in 2020, which will almost certainly be a better environment for Dems than 2022. This races starts out at Lean R anyway, but I think Jackson would be a better candidate, electorally speaking.

Didn't she massively outperform Biden& all of the other Democratic candidates sans Cooper? I mean, if she only lost by 401 votes, then I can only imagine the impact that running a Black candidate at the top of a year's ticket (in this case, for Senate) would potentially have on juicing Black turnout & pushing her over-the-line.

No, not really, Biden lost NC by 1, she was an incumbent so a 1 point overperformance is not great.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies