MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:53:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN  (Read 20670 times)
warandwar
United States

« on: May 08, 2023, 11:59:18 PM »

She's a tad establishment for my liking but is a very good for for Maryland, one of the most establishment states. Unless Raskin jumps in, she has my endorsement.
Not sure what's more than a tad in your book. Alsobrooks is playing the game like Cardin did, waiting your turn, etc. Anyone's better than Trone but she's not great and won't back Bmore. Doubt anyone good is getting elected here.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 11:29:43 AM »

She's a tad establishment for my liking but is a very good for for Maryland, one of the most establishment states. Unless Raskin jumps in, she has my endorsement.
Not sure what's more than a tad in your book. Alsobrooks is playing the game like Cardin did, waiting your turn, etc. Anyone's better than Trone but she's not great and won't back Bmore. Doubt anyone good is getting elected here.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but what’s wrong with Trone?  I thought he was a pretty generic mainstream progressive.  Alsobrooks is basically the definition of an establishment candidate in Maryland iirc.  Isn’t this just establishment liberal vs. establishment liberal?  I’d far prefer Raskin to either of them, honestly.
I don't like Trone solely because i don't like rich people blatantly buying themselves seats
warandwar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 11:30:49 AM »

Curious to hear from any MD democrats or people in the know about the state's internal politics on the democratic side; the last primary for the Governors race and the various other primaries have always produced rather weird endorsement lists which I feel make more sense if you understand the state's politics...
It's Wait your turn! politics and some bases with distinct interests.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies