Justice Democrats is dead.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:44:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Justice Democrats is dead.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Justice Democrats is dead.  (Read 4062 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2017, 02:09:34 AM »

The Justice Democrats' endorsement in the CA-25 race firmly cemented their status as a joke organization. In a full field full of viable candidates including badass left-wing volcanologist Jess Phoenix and Sanders-supporting anti-homeless advocate Katie Hill, they chose to endorse Bryan Caforio, who is only raising marginally better sums than the aforementioned Hill.

For those who are unfamiliar with Caforio, he's a generic California establishment politician who handpicked by the DCCC in his 2016 run. His claim to fame is being an attorney for the owner of the L.A. Dodgers and defending mega-corporations like Union Oil. Apparently he's moved staunchly to the left to stay relevant in the current climate, but this was seemingly forgotten by whoever is (was?) in charge of their candidate recruitment.

That doesn't surprise me seeing as how most of their supporters gush over people like Ro Khanna and f[inks]ing Tulsi Gabbard.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2017, 02:33:12 AM »

Is an R likely to make the runoff in CA-25? If not I don't see a serious problem with running 3 Berniecrats in a primary
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2017, 03:42:48 AM »

Good. We need a progressive movement led by someone decent. Our Revolution is a much better one.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2017, 08:53:08 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2017, 09:06:13 AM by Solid4096 »

Their idiotic obsession with targeting Joe Manchin (proving they don't understand WV whatsoever) seemed to indicate they were going to be worthless anyway. They should have been targeting candidates like Cantwell and Casey, who voted against Bernie's drug bill and were seats we could have been favored to hold with other candidates.
I can't say I disagree with you about the targeting Cartwell and Casey, I think your point about WV is incorrect. Watch this and see how a Bernie-like Dem would be perfect for WV. https://youtu.be/3rC3FjRZzEM

They should be targeting most Democrats. Obviously they'd support Bernie, and I could see them giving Warren, Brown, Baldwin, and Hirono a pass, but most of the rest of the Democrats up need some serious primary challenges.

What?!?!

Also, where is Kirsten Gillibrand on that list.  She votes against Trump more than anyone else in the Senate.

Claire McCaskill and Jon Tester also belong on that list.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »

Their idiotic obsession with targeting Joe Manchin (proving they don't understand WV whatsoever) seemed to indicate they were going to be worthless anyway. They should have been targeting candidates like Cantwell and Casey, who voted against Bernie's drug bill and were seats we could have been favored to hold with other candidates.
I can't say I disagree with you about the targeting Cartwell and Casey, I think your point about WV is incorrect. Watch this and see how a Bernie-like Dem would be perfect for WV. https://youtu.be/3rC3FjRZzEM
An anti-coal progressive has never won any race in West Virginia.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2017, 02:15:23 PM »

JD was a joke organization, but the movement to transform, or "Sanderize", the Democratic Party lives on, and will only die when it has been completed.

Look at the successes of Our Revolution for proof.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2017, 02:23:47 PM »

The Justice Democrats struck me as the sort of people who would endorse Dan Lipinski over his primary challenger just because he endorsed Bernie. Or based on how a lot of Bernie supporters supported that creep who was a Sanders campaign staffer over a lot of solid progressive candidates based only on that he worked for the Sanders campaign, would be willing to support some dodgy candidate over a very solid progressive who even supports things like Medicare for all and a $15 minimum wage just because dodgy candidate endorsed Bernie and the progressive endorsed Hillary. Look at how many of them basically worship Tulsi Gabbard.

Hell I could even see a case where you have a solid progressive who DID support Bernie running and some very dodgy and questionable opponent and they get behind the questionable one just because the progressive said that they don't believe the primary was rigged or something.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2017, 04:27:34 PM »

Even Trump Airlines was more successful than they were.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2017, 04:55:11 PM »

I take anything by the Young Turks as seriously as I take right-wing talk show hosts.

That is, with a grain of salt.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2017, 05:38:58 PM »

Awesome, down with the tea party of the left.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2017, 07:08:32 PM »

It could be. Having no Cenk or Kyle in JD makes it irrelevant. I'm sure the next plan is to take corporate money.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2017, 05:03:17 AM »

The Justice Democrats endorsed Sameena Mustafa over Incumbent Democrat Mike Quigley.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2017, 12:30:11 PM »

Bye Felicia!
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2017, 08:20:04 PM »

The overreaction to the incident is something. Though they shouldn't have resigned in the first place, Kulinski and Uyghur resigning from the organization will crush Justice Democrats, before they even had any major momentum. Bad move and it seems like the organization itself is incapable of doing much without those major figures. Along with the fact that public support for the organization from their own audiences seems to be crushed without them, if they don't return soon Justice Democrats will be a dead organization and could see almost all of their non-incumbent candidates get swept away in the primary's. Shame really since i liked what they were doing. Our Revolution is the next best thing and is still a great and strong progressive advocacy group.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2017, 08:54:42 PM »

The overreaction to the incident is something. Though they shouldn't have resigned in the first place, Kulinski and Uyghur resigning from the organization will crush Justice Democrats, before they even had any major momentum. Bad move and it seems like the organization itself is incapable of doing much without those major figures. Along with the fact that public support for the organization from their own audiences seems to be crushed without them, if they don't return soon Justice Democrats will be a dead organization and could see almost all of their non-incumbent candidates get swept away in the primary's. Shame really since i liked what they were doing. Our Revolution is the next best thing and is still a great and strong progressive advocacy group.
That about sums up my thoughts too. I think Cenk should have been reprimanded somewhat, but a large part of the progressive movement is reform, not just in policy but in people's opinions. Cenk was a prime example of that since he was a conservative and likely sexist guy, but now he's a big name on the progressive wing of the Democratic Party.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2017, 10:28:15 AM »
« Edited: December 26, 2017, 10:33:11 PM by We Have A Pope »

That about sums up my thoughts too. I think Cenk should have been reprimanded somewhat, but a large part of the progressive movement is reform, not just in policy but in people's opinions. Cenk was a prime example of that since he was a conservative and likely sexist guy, but now he's a big name on the progressive wing of the Democratic Party.

Cenk was a nobody has-been-that-never-was
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2017, 09:44:02 PM »

Next, some congressman will have to resign for looking through a woman's photos on facebook!
(obviously joking, but that's what it will come too eventually. This is going too far. It's a shame justice Democrats have done this, but the left will rise again in another organization. We are not going to let the neoliberals win.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies