AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:22:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31
Poll
Question: Could Martha McSally become the establishment candidate?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli?  (Read 65354 times)
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2017, 03:51:36 PM »

Strike up the starting pistols, folks. It's on.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2017, 04:26:15 PM »

Booooooooooo!
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2017, 06:58:25 PM »

Wooohooo!!!! Smiley Matt Salmons comments are the reason why she is a strong challenger.
Although, recently I have been more reluctant to let sinema go off for a senate run because I do not want Stanton in congress, he has particular skill in mismanaging public money. Also the idea of sinema loosing her senate run causing her career to be shortened while Stanton's begins makes me uneasy because of all her potential - at the same time...this is her time
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2017, 07:29:26 PM »

Wooohooo!!!! Smiley Matt Salmons comments are the reason why she is a strong challenger.
Although, recently I have been more reluctant to let sinema go off for a senate run because I do not want Stanton in congress, he has particular skill in mismanaging public money. Also the idea of sinema loosing her senate run causing her career to be shortened while Stanton's begins makes me uneasy because of all her potential - at the same time...this is her time

If there was ever a glaring opportunity for her to win a Senate race, it's 2018.

Without a doubt
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2017, 11:27:20 PM »

Come on Sinema, take the jump now!
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #255 on: September 13, 2017, 12:06:09 AM »

Do you guys think we could see Sinema re-establishing the New Democrat Coalition and Blue Dog coalition in the senate? I have read she has established a name for herself within the house blue dogs.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #256 on: September 13, 2017, 12:08:06 AM »

Do you guys think we could see Sinema re-establishing the New Democrat Coalition and Blue Dog coalition in the senate? I have read she has established a name for herself within the house blue dogs.

I don't really see the purpose of such caucuses in the Senate; each individual Senator has enough power and influence that a coalition isn't really necessary .
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #257 on: September 13, 2017, 04:36:52 PM »

I don't really see the purpose of such caucuses in the Senate; each individual Senator has enough power and influence that a coalition isn't really necessary .
Basically this
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #258 on: September 13, 2017, 10:06:20 PM »

I'd like to point out that Gillibrand started as a blue dog and has shifted much more left ever since becoming Senator of New York. I only say that because I imagine Sinema having the similar trajectory.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #259 on: September 13, 2017, 10:17:07 PM »

I'd like to point out that Gillibrand started as a blue dog and has shifted much more left ever since becoming Senator of New York. I only say that because I imagine Sinema having the similar trajectory.

But Gillibrand did that to fit NY's more progressive style of statewide politics. Or if you want to believe her take on it, because she met a lot of new constituents who she never heard about in her rural district. Does Arizona really present Sinema with an opening to make that kind of move? I'd be more worried about her moving further to the right...
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2017, 10:32:32 AM »

Gillibrand was moderate to represent her moderate district and became progressive to represent her new constituents.

Sinema is moderate to represent her somewhat moderate district, I would likely see her shift even more to the right as a senator. I could see her being up there with Heitkamp.

Although Progressive Punch, however reliable that is, rates Sinema as 37% progressive and the 2nd most conservative house dem, while rating Heitkamp at 57% so I suppose she does have room to drift left?
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2017, 10:48:57 AM »

Gillibrand was moderate to represent her moderate district and became progressive to represent her new constituents.

Sinema is moderate to represent her somewhat moderate district, I would likely see her shift even more to the right as a senator. I could see her being up there with Heitkamp.

Although Progressive Punch, however reliable that is, rates Sinema as 37% progressive and the 2nd most conservative house dem, while rating Heitkamp at 57% so I suppose she does have room to drift left?
I'm not sure if she'd drift to the left if she were elected statewide. She's already in a fairly safe D district. I think she'd be somewhere between Michael Bennett and Angus King in terms of a voting record.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #262 on: September 15, 2017, 10:54:03 AM »

Doubt it. AZ as a whole is only trending more and more left.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #263 on: September 15, 2017, 10:54:29 AM »

I'm not sure if she'd drift to the left if she were elected statewide. She's already in a fairly safe D district. I think she'd be somewhere between Michael Bennett and Angus King in terms of a voting record.
Until the 2016 election that was a R+1 district though.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2017, 10:09:12 PM »

Until the 2016 election that was a R+1 district though.

It was never a safe D District but AZ PVIs were distorted by McCain being the candidate in '08.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2017, 10:36:08 AM »

Go for it, baldy.

I like how he frames this by claiming to care for McCain's health.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #266 on: September 28, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »

this is now lean d
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2017, 05:18:01 PM »

Gillibrand defeated a Republican incumbent in a Republican leaning district when she was in the house. New York statewide is much more to the left than her district. Sinema's district would be to the left of her state, so I would be surprised if she doesn't go more conservative in the Senate if she were elected to the Senate.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2017, 06:17:13 PM »

It's now official: Arizona Congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema (D) is running for Senate to take on incumbent Jeff Flake (R).

Ronald J. Hansen at Arizona RepublicSad
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2017, 06:25:59 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2017, 06:27:51 PM by Webnicz »

Her story has always been inspiring. This is so exciting. Proudly endorsed. Say hello to the new blue dog in the senate.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2017, 06:32:53 PM »

http://kyrstensinema.com

YES THANK GOD HALLELUJAH FOR SENATOR KYRSTEN SINEMA
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2017, 06:37:22 PM »

If Ward is the R nominee I will be backing Sinema.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2017, 07:34:47 PM »

Endorsed against Ward. Against Flake? Let's see how things play out over the next year.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2017, 07:52:40 PM »

Where is Greg Stanton? I thought he was talked about as one of the top Democratic candidates for this seat. Was I wrong? Because I've barely heard anything about him for months.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2017, 07:55:56 PM »

Where is Greg Stanton? I thought he was talked about as one of the top Democratic candidates for this seat. Was I wrong? Because I've barely heard anything about him for months.

Greg Stanton realized he didn't want to follow in the foot steps of every mayor of phoenix who runs statewide and loose, made the calculation to run in CD-9 when Sinema vacates
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies