Areas in a Palestinian state (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:45:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Areas in a Palestinian state (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these Palestinian majority areas should ideally be part of a Palestinian state?
Galilee (Israel)

Wadi Ara (Israel)

East Jerusalem

Judea (West Bank)

Samaria (West Bank)

Gaza

Jordan

None - there should be no Palestinian state

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Areas in a Palestinian state  (Read 1523 times)
swl
France

« on: August 24, 2014, 12:51:49 PM »
« edited: August 24, 2014, 12:54:15 PM by swl »

I voted Judea and Samaria, the current West Bank.

I think it's in every one interest to manage to divide the Israel-Palestine conflict in two Israel-West Bank and Israel-Gaza conflicts. Israel was not far from achieving that but they stupidly screwed it up by not making any effort in the West Bank.

The PA in the West Bank is much more reasonable and respectable than the Hamas, and it would release a big burden for Israel to be finally at peace with the West Bank. It would also offer a good image to all Palestinians and to the whole Arab world.

I also thing that the two-state solution is not really viable, because as soon as they would get it, the Hamas dominated Gaza and the PA dominated West Bank would start fighting and Gaza would quickly secede (look at the precedent of Pakistan and Bangladesh).

So I think the West Bank should get its independence and become the country "Palestine".
Gaza would get its independence later and become a city-state.  
East Jerusalem is much more difficult to return to the Palestinians because of the huge number of colons, but the main difficulty there concerns religion and not really territory, so I think that ultimately an agreement could be reached if it stays under Israeli control but with open access to the different holy sites for Palestinians.

I still prefer a one-state solution where everyone loves each other, but I don't have much hope. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies