Trump is a douchebag example 2,389,125,548 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:51:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump is a douchebag example 2,389,125,548 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump is a douchebag example 2,389,125,548  (Read 641 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 21, 2020, 10:24:36 AM »

RBG knew better.  Of course she would wish Trump not make the appointment.  Who knows what I'll say on my deathbed.

The family should not have repeated that statement unless they were perfectly willing to accept that such a statement is a POLITICAL statement, and a statement that would rightly attract criticism.  I don't wish to attack grieving people, but I don't believe any extra weight should be given a statement like this just because it was a deathbed statement repeated for public consumption by grieving family members.

I'm not going to criticize any of those who began discussing the political angles of this before RBG's body was even cold.  She was a political figure herself who certainly knew that this would be the hot topic of discussion upon her death.  And rightly so; her replacement (or delayed replacement) has very real political consequences for all of America.  There is no reason anyone should not weigh in on this topic now.

Of course nobody expects Republicans to actually honor her final wish, which was merely for them to follow the rules that they themselves put in place four years ago.

Just don't pretend like you actually give a s--t about RBG, or praise Trump or any other Republican for saying nice things about her.  It's all just words.  They don't actually care about any of her desires, and  they're celebrating her death.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 02:01:56 PM »

Remember two days ago when people were saying that Trump was going to win this fight because he managed to restrain his douchebaggery for 15 seconds in a snap interview right after her death?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies