Trump is a douchebag example 2,389,125,548
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:03:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump is a douchebag example 2,389,125,548
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump is a douchebag example 2,389,125,548  (Read 635 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2020, 08:54:58 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 08:58:01 AM »

Mr. Trump is human garbage, news at 11.

Next: "I don't know that networks including Fox called election for Biden, or whether that's a hoax by Schiff and Pelosi. But sounds like a Sleepy Joe deal or maybe a Pelosi or Shifty Schiff."
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 09:09:12 AM »

Also a reminder that voters that continue to support this piece of human garbage are no longer simply engaging in political differences, but are likewise human garbage.

The truth hurts.
SInNYC

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 09:22:12 AM »

When I heard his remarks after he first heard of RBG's death, I was actually surprised he didnt say something denigrating her (see his Dingell statements).

This is how low we have fallen.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 10:20:07 AM »

RBG knew better.  Of course she would wish Trump not make the appointment.  Who knows what I'll say on my deathbed.

The family should not have repeated that statement unless they were perfectly willing to accept that such a statement is a POLITICAL statement, and a statement that would rightly attract criticism.  I don't wish to attack grieving people, but I don't believe any extra weight should be given a statement like this just because it was a deathbed statement repeated for public consumption by grieving family members.

I'm not going to criticize any of those who began discussing the political angles of this before RBG's body was even cold.  She was a political figure herself who certainly knew that this would be the hot topic of discussion upon her death.  And rightly so; her replacement (or delayed replacement) has very real political consequences for all of America.  There is no reason anyone should not weigh in on this topic now.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 10:24:36 AM »

RBG knew better.  Of course she would wish Trump not make the appointment.  Who knows what I'll say on my deathbed.

The family should not have repeated that statement unless they were perfectly willing to accept that such a statement is a POLITICAL statement, and a statement that would rightly attract criticism.  I don't wish to attack grieving people, but I don't believe any extra weight should be given a statement like this just because it was a deathbed statement repeated for public consumption by grieving family members.

I'm not going to criticize any of those who began discussing the political angles of this before RBG's body was even cold.  She was a political figure herself who certainly knew that this would be the hot topic of discussion upon her death.  And rightly so; her replacement (or delayed replacement) has very real political consequences for all of America.  There is no reason anyone should not weigh in on this topic now.

Of course nobody expects Republicans to actually honor her final wish, which was merely for them to follow the rules that they themselves put in place four years ago.

Just don't pretend like you actually give a s--t about RBG, or praise Trump or any other Republican for saying nice things about her.  It's all just words.  They don't actually care about any of her desires, and  they're celebrating her death.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 10:39:08 AM »

Of course nobody expects Republicans to actually honor her final wish, which was merely for them to follow the rules that they themselves put in place four years ago.

Just don't pretend like you actually give a s--t about RBG, or praise Trump or any other Republican for saying nice things about her.  It's all just words.  They don't actually care about any of her desires, and  they're celebrating her death.
Seriously is there anything that sums all the problems with the modern religious right then Fuzzy who has in the past 48 hours posted several times about how bad abortion is that he supports shoving through a judge during the lame duck session because the sanctity of life is so dear to him that he supports anything to get rid of Roe v Wade. But then turn out and support not only denying RBG deathbed request that Republicans honor the precedent they set up and not be cynical aholes but actually be upset with that request in the first place
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 12:51:01 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2020, 05:50:20 PM by ProudModerate2 »

RBG knew better.  Of course she would wish Trump not make the appointment.  Who knows what I'll say on my deathbed.

The family should not have repeated that statement unless they were perfectly willing to accept that such a statement is a POLITICAL statement, and a statement that would rightly attract criticism.  I don't wish to attack grieving people, but I don't believe any extra weight should be given a statement like this just because it was a deathbed statement repeated for public consumption by grieving family members.

I'm not going to criticize any of those who began discussing the political angles of this before RBG's body was even cold.  She was a political figure herself who certainly knew that this would be the hot topic of discussion upon her death.  And rightly so; her replacement (or delayed replacement) has very real political consequences for all of America.  There is no reason anyone should not weigh in on this topic now.

Fuzzy deflection from the true nature of the thread (again).
The topic is clearly the Deplorable words of trump in his tweet, and how the Orange Buffoon denies the true nature of the last words of a dying individual, and instead interprets those words as a lie and that they actually came from rival politicians.

And of course, Fuzzy lies as to what RBG actually said. She did not say "she would wish Trump not make the appointment." RBG said she wants the next president to make the appointment. Big difference. If trump wins, then of course the right is his.

Secondly, Fuzzy says that the family should not have repeated the statement without knowing it "would rightly attract criticism." What the Orange Douchebag said was not "criticism" (per se), but instead is a statement saying that her last words did NOT even really originate from this dying woman. That is insulting and down-right evil sh*t for her grieving family to hear.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 02:01:56 PM »

Remember two days ago when people were saying that Trump was going to win this fight because he managed to restrain his douchebaggery for 15 seconds in a snap interview right after her death?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 02:02:06 PM »

Snowguy put it this way ...

... Preachy Parson Fuzzybear loves to cling onto an irrelevant or incomplete portion of the point being made and then bloviate ad nauseum.  He does this in nearly every argument he makes.
  This is called ignoratio elenchi or “irrelevant conclusion” in which the person makes what may or may not be logically valid or sound argument, but whose conclusion misses the point of the issue in question.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies