COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 12:28:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 538817 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7300 on: October 21, 2021, 07:02:59 PM »

Here's an updated map of counties that have fully vaccinated 70% of the eligible (12+) population. Counties in white don't have data, or don't release relevant data. (VT publishes only 1st dose data by county. ID only releases data for all citizens and all adults, but not 12+. Blaine County, ID is at 70+% for all citizens, so it can be assumed they have hit 70% of all eligible.)

And the same map for Puerto Rico by municipalities:

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7301 on: October 21, 2021, 10:01:41 PM »

CDC endorses booster doses of Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines, says mix and match is fine

US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky endorsed recommendations for booster doses for Moderna's and Johnson & Johnson's coronavirus vaccines Thursday, allowing millions more Americans to begin getting booster shots.

Walensky also endorsed the mix-and-match approach to boosters, saying eligible people could choose whichever vaccine they wished as a booster.

The CDC re-aligned its recommendation for the existing recommendation for Pfizer boosters, placing Moderna's and Pfizer's boosters in the same category.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/21/health/acip-cdc-vaccine-boosters/index.html
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #7302 on: October 21, 2021, 10:06:48 PM »

Here's an updated map of counties that have fully vaccinated 70% of the eligible (12+) population. Counties in white don't have data, or don't release relevant data. (VT publishes only 1st dose data by county. ID only releases data for all citizens and all adults, but not 12+. Blaine County, ID is at 70+% for all citizens, so it can be assumed they have hit 70% of all eligible.)

You can see the impact of state policy in the Cincy metro. Warren County Ohio is wealthier and more educated than those three Kentucky Counties yet has less vaccinated people.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #7303 on: October 21, 2021, 10:25:39 PM »

You can see the impact of state policy in the Cincy metro. Warren County Ohio is wealthier and more educated than those three Kentucky Counties yet has less vaccinated people.

I'm in one of those counties in Kentucky with a high vaccination rate.

The Ohio side of the river is more masky, but at least the Kentucky side believes in vaccines.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7304 on: October 21, 2021, 11:19:20 PM »

Getting it done. Glasses

The U.S. could look a lot more like Puerto Rico, had vaccines not been politicized. It's a tale of two worlds.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7305 on: October 21, 2021, 11:21:23 PM »

I'm in one of those counties in Kentucky with a high vaccination rate.

The Ohio side of the river is more masky, but at least the Kentucky side believes in vaccines.

Which is kind of ironic, because isn't that where the Creation Museum is?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7306 on: October 21, 2021, 11:22:27 PM »

Which is kind of ironic, because isn't that where the Creation Museum is?

Indeed. But it has been widely ridiculed.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7307 on: October 22, 2021, 08:36:57 AM »

Pfizer says its vaccine is 90.7% effective against symptomatic Covid-19 in children ages 5 to 11

In a new document posted ahead of a key meeting of the US Food and Drug Administration's vaccine advisers, Pfizer says its vaccine is safe and 90.7% effective against symptomatic Covid-19 in children ages 5 to 11.

In the trial, which included around 2,000 children, there were three Covid-19 cases among the group that received the vaccine and 16 cases in the placebo group. In the trial, twice as many children received the vaccine as the placebo.

Pfizer/BioNTech are seeking FDA emergency use authorization of a two-dose regimen of their 10-microgram dose for children ages 5 to 11. The two doses would be administered three weeks apart.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/22/health/pfizer-kids-vaccine-efficacy/index.html
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7308 on: October 22, 2021, 12:10:23 PM »

If a person is vaccinated in a different county from where they live, which county is it counted under?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7309 on: October 22, 2021, 12:15:27 PM »

If a person is vaccinated in a different county from where they live, which county is it counted under?

I would assume the one where they were vaccinated, but that's an interesting question.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7310 on: October 22, 2021, 12:39:40 PM »

I would assume the one where they were vaccinated, but that's an interesting question.

I was vaccinated in a different county from where I live (easier to get an appointment outside of King County), and I always suspected they counted me with the numbers for the county where I live because they asked me for my address when I got my vaccination appointment and the county vaccination trackers always use language like "number of residents vaccinated" rather than "number of patients" or something like that. I can't say for certain, though.
chinsum
Rookie
United States
« Reply #7311 on: October 22, 2021, 07:18:31 PM »

Yeah, I heard about some counties in Florida getting 100 to 200% vaccination rates that way.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7312 on: October 22, 2021, 07:56:51 PM »

Good to see the Latinos in Puerto Rico, the RGV and Imperial County with high vaccination rates. I thought that they would be at the same level as rural whites.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #7313 on: October 23, 2021, 03:04:48 PM »

At least in WI, it traces back to your county of residence.  This was the answer that I remember reading, as many of us in Dane County went to other counties to get vaccinated.  Of course if you get it in another state, that can be hit or miss as to whether it registers or not.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #7314 on: October 23, 2021, 05:15:05 PM »

It's really interesting seeing the places where wealthy suburbs score higher than neighboring cities, for example in DFW, Houston metro, Jacksonville metro, Detroit metro, Washington, D.C. metro, Kansas City metro, Milwaukee metro, Chicago metro, Philadelphia metro etc. etc. etc.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7315 on: October 23, 2021, 06:04:00 PM »

It's really interesting seeing the places where wealthy suburbs score higher than neighboring cities, for example in DFW, Houston metro, Jacksonville metro, Detroit metro, Washington, D.C. metro, Kansas City metro, Milwaukee metro, Chicago metro, Philadelphia metro etc. etc. etc.
How did you forget the most obvious example: Indianapolis
It’s like half a donut, maybe a full donut in the future.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7316 on: October 24, 2021, 04:18:15 AM »

How many counties have 90%+ of the eligible population vaccinated? Do any?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7317 on: October 24, 2021, 08:05:37 AM »

I read that in Montgomery County, Md., it was 99% or something.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #7318 on: October 24, 2021, 11:20:07 AM »

I grew up in Montgomery County, MD, and it would not surprise me at all if it had the highest vax rate in the country.  I read somewhere that Montgomery County also had the lowest smoking rate in the country (even lower than every county in Utah!).

Ironically, I now live in Montgomery County, Virginia…and it’s just not the same lol.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7319 on: October 24, 2021, 01:19:16 PM »

I grew up in Montgomery County, MD, and it would not surprise me at all if it had the highest vax rate in the country.  I read somewhere that Montgomery County also had the lowest smoking rate in the country (even lower than every county in Utah!).

Ironically, I now live in Montgomery County, Virginia…and it’s just not the same lol.

Kudos to Montgomery County MD, but why is it like that?  I'm not familiar with its demographics.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7320 on: October 24, 2021, 01:27:09 PM »

Kudos to Montgomery County MD, but why is it like that?  I'm not familiar with its demographics.

It's a very affluent and educated county right next to DC. The NIH is actually based there and it's a hub for biotech research. Given all these factors, I'm not surprised at all about its vaccination rate being extremely high.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7321 on: October 24, 2021, 01:39:06 PM »

I live in Tenleytown, DC right now which is basically an extension of Montgomery County.
It’s super rich, super educated, pretty white (although it has a sizeable Asian population) and I’m pretty sure it’s the stereotypical ACELA image in pretty much every way. If you designed a fictitious county to have as high a vaccination rate as possible, it would look like Montgomery County.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7322 on: October 24, 2021, 02:43:30 PM »

it's 99.9% partially vaccinated as reported, and I just don't believe that at all or even 99%. I believe it's high or even the highest, sure.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7323 on: October 24, 2021, 06:47:46 PM »

They must be well vaccinated in Austin Texas because I didn't see any masks or social distancing during the Grand Prix.

107,000 people was nuts.

Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #7324 on: October 25, 2021, 11:14:31 AM »

All COVID statistics - new infections, deaths, vaccinations, etc. are reported based on the record's permanent address.  This is consistent across states and Federal reporting to omit any possible double-counting.  The conspiracy theory that Florida was systematically undercounting COVID infections/deaths originated from the observation that the state was (correctly) not counting snowbirds and non-residents in their totals. 
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies