Regarding Personal Attacks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:35:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regarding Personal Attacks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regarding Personal Attacks  (Read 2472 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: June 23, 2019, 01:48:00 AM »

I wasn't offended by what ASV posted. Plenty of Atlasians have called me the same, or worse. Just not in a voting booth.

I don't blame Lumine for acting on it, he's just doing his job as a mod. ToS > Atlasia. I'm just curious why it was deleted, rather than edited?

I'm curious as to why it was deleted given I edited out the profanity from the ballot a few minutes after posting it. Given I edited the censored profanity out why was the post still deleted?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 07:12:07 PM »

I still fail to understand why ballots that violate the TOS can't simply be edited to remove infringing content.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 08:09:47 PM »

I still fail to understand why ballots that violate the TOS can't simply be edited to remove infringing content.

Involves even  deeper trust required in mods, as that would enable them to not only remove a vote for a candidate, but also give a vote to their opponent.

Given how many vote trackers there are I strongly doubt a mod would be able to edit a ballot and change the votes without someone noticing.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 08:12:19 PM »

What we need to do is get an amendment passed that allows someone to recast their ballot if it has been moderated and deleted. That way we can cope with the moderators enforcing the TOS without it impacting upon the democratic process.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 08:19:32 PM »

What we need to do is get an amendment passed that allows someone to recast their ballot if it has been moderated and deleted. That way we can cope with the moderators enforcing the TOS without it impacting upon the democratic process.
Seriously, this.

And not just federally but also in all 3 regions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies