Is there a place for social conservatives in the Democratic Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:01:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is there a place for social conservatives in the Democratic Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is there a place for social conservatives in the Democratic Party?  (Read 2996 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: September 11, 2023, 05:14:31 PM »

Is it wrong to say America was better off socially in 2005?

Yes.

In all honestly I don’t think I’m very different from Joe Biden.

Then you don’t know Joe Biden very well.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 04:55:51 PM »

I don’t think we should lock people up for weed. But I don’t think we should allow its sale or decriminalized drug dealers.

These two statements contradict each other.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 06:58:09 PM »

I'm mostly ok with post-op trans women using the restroom of their choice

How do you know who is and isn’t post-op? Genital inspections?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 12:24:35 PM »

Then there is teaching kids LGBTQ stuff in the classroom and making equivalencies to it being similar to "straight culture" which is ridiculous.

Elaborate.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 10:27:48 PM »

Then there is teaching kids LGBTQ stuff in the classroom and making equivalencies to it being similar to "straight culture" which is ridiculous.

Elaborate.
Gay marriage and trans stuff should not be promoted to the youth. And Dems usually respond with whataboutism with "what about straight marriage or cis people" and act like it's the same.

Why isn't it the same?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 06:07:44 PM »

I think this depends on the grade level. I don't think they should be forced to remove it, but they shouldn't be explicitly promoting it if that makes sense. But I'm talking more about the pride flags and posters rather than a discrete photograph. A lot of people tend to make being LGBT their main identity and that shouldn't be pushed in a classroom setting.

What does "promoting" it mean? Your criticisms here don't really seem any different from the "stop shoving it down my throat" whining from the 2010s whenever a gay couple appeared in a movie or a television show.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 06:43:11 PM »

I think this depends on the grade level. I don't think they should be forced to remove it, but they shouldn't be explicitly promoting it if that makes sense. But I'm talking more about the pride flags and posters rather than a discrete photograph. A lot of people tend to make being LGBT their main identity and that shouldn't be pushed in a classroom setting.

What does "promoting" it mean? Your criticisms here don't really seem any different from the "stop shoving it down my throat" whining from the 2010s whenever a gay couple appeared in a movie or a television show.

It’s not homophobia if you’re keeping it consistent. Banning pride flags isn’t homophobic if you ban straight pride flags as well. It’s not homophobic to prohibit gay teachers from mentioning their spouses if you ban straight teachers from mentioning theirs.

This is different from it being a good idea to ban to those things, however.

What is a straight pride flag?

And nobody is, in practice, going to ban a straight teacher from mentioning their spouse.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies