Competitive Presidential Elections Bill [on presidents desk] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:42:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Competitive Presidential Elections Bill [on presidents desk] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Competitive Presidential Elections Bill [on presidents desk]  (Read 4846 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: March 25, 2010, 09:29:57 PM »

A Presidential candidate should be able to pick whoever they want as their Vice President, regardless of party.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:49:28 PM »

A Presidential candidate should be able to pick whoever they want as their Vice President, regardless of party.

Why?
Because, the Presidential candidate probably wants to find the best possible candidate. Why should it matter which party they are in?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 02:32:51 PM »

How would it make presidential elections less competitive?

It would bring back the interesting dynamic of second, third, fourth, etc. preferences that we used to have in some presidential elections. It would also make our elections slightly more realistic... Unity tickets don't happen in real U.S. elections.
Why should unity tickets not be allowed? What is specifically wrong with them that should make them banned from the game. Are they a threat to the game? No. Are they making elections less competitive? No, if anything, they're making them more interesting.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 10:31:58 PM »

How would it make presidential elections less competitive?

It would bring back the interesting dynamic of second, third, fourth, etc. preferences that we used to have in some presidential elections. It would also make our elections slightly more realistic... Unity tickets don't happen in real U.S. elections.
Why should unity tickets not be allowed? What is specifically wrong with them that should make them banned from the game. Are they a threat to the game? No. Are they making elections less competitive? No, if anything, they're making them more interesting.

They're boring and uninteresting.
That's just an opinion. Is there any factual evidence that proves that they make elections boring and uninteresting?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »

I don't care whether the presidential candidate and the VP nominee to come from the same party. The only thing we could do better is that the candidates must fixed 2 weeks before the election. I'm not a fan of such actions like the last time. In this 2 weeks we could have a chance for a good and interesting campaign.
That's actually not a bad idea, although I think just 1 week would be easer.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »

Hm, I honestly have no preference either way. Actually, if I were to introduce it, I would do just Presidential, but I would be fine with Senatorial too.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:29:26 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies