MA-GOV 2022 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:07:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-GOV 2022 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-GOV 2022 Megathread  (Read 21385 times)
mpbond
Rookie

« on: February 08, 2021, 08:01:17 PM »

Ben Downing used to be my State Senator. He's good, so I'll tentatively endorse him.

There is some opposition to Baker forming that wasn't there before, between his COVID response and some of his more right-wing positions showing through. As of now he's still heavily favored, though.

Could you elaborate on this?

Demanding teachers go into school in person while simultaneously bumping teachers down on the vaccine priority list, trying to expand charter schools in a back door way after Massachusetts voted 2:1 against charter schools.

The vaccination rollout in general has been a disaster for him. I go to uni in Mass but live in CT and the difference between the two states rollout is enormous. Anecdotal, but both my 75 year old grandparents in CT have been vaccinated for a month, meanwhile my roommates grandparents, who are over 80, are still on a waitlist. My mother, a teacher, is scheduled to be vaccinated by the end of the month, meanwhile Massachusetts teachers are completely in the dark. For a state that is home to some of the best and most important research and health institutions in the world, the ball has really been dropped with this and if things don't improve soon, Baker's gonna have a huge problem next election.
mpbond
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 04:29:01 PM »

https://www.umass.edu/newsoffice/article/support-gov-baker-eroding-ahead-third-term

New UMass poll finds his approval has slidden to 52%. It's still high, but thats down from a high of 78% in August. His popularity seems to be sliding rapidly because of the vaccine rollout.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies