MA-GOV 2022 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:03:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-GOV 2022 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-GOV 2022 Megathread  (Read 21416 times)
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« on: February 14, 2021, 02:07:02 PM »

Safe R, regardless of whether Baker or Polito is the Republican nominee. MA Dems are too incompetent to win the Governorship.

Lol...wut? Likely D without Baker
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 06:39:35 PM »

It’s curious to me Baker hasn’t announced yet.

I mean if he wants to stay in politics what else is he going to do? Nothing.

We all know he’s running again so just announce it...

Baker/Healey: Likely Republican
Baker/Kennedy: Tossup
Baker/Chang-Diaz: Likely Republican
Baker/Allen: Safe Republican
Polito/Healey: Lean Democrat
Polito/Kennedy: Safe Democrat
Politio/Chang-Diaz: Lean Democrat
Politio/Allen: Likely Republican
Diehl/Healey: Safe Democrat
Diehl/Kennedy: TITANIUM Democrat
Diehl/Chang-Diaz: Likely Democrat
Diehl/Allen: Lean Democrat

Lmaooooo at Kennedy being two ratings more favorable than Healey against both Baker and Polito. You are such an unapologetic hack; I almost respect it.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 09:49:22 AM »

Shh this is actually a smart response. If you say it any louder you’ll read paragraphs of rambling nonsense about the fluke Markey win that was fueled by a coalition of voters that already resent him
and regret it - as if that negates the previous 20+ races

Lol, what? I’ve never said anything about Markey’s win being a fluke. That would suggest Kennedy is stronger than he gets credit for, whereas I think he’s appropriately rated or (in your case) weaker than he gets credit for. I wasn’t saying anything about the 2020 race; I just think that a) Healey is stronger or at least as strong as Kennedy in a GE and it’s laughable that you have matchups with Kennedy as *two levels* more favorable to Dems than ones with Healey b) Healey and Pressley are more likely to be the next statewide Dem nominees than Kennedy
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 09:52:12 AM »

Shh this is actually a smart response. If you say it any louder you’ll read paragraphs of rambling nonsense about the fluke Markey win that was fueled by a coalition of voters that already resent him
and regret it - as if that negates the previous 20+ races

Lol, what? I’ve never said anything about Markey’s win being a fluke. That would suggest Kennedy is stronger than he gets credit for, whereas I think he’s appropriately rated or (in your case) weaker than he gets credit for. I wasn’t saying anything about the 2020 race; I just think that a) Healey is stronger or at least as strong as Kennedy in a GE and it’s laughable that you have matchups with Kennedy as *two levels* more favorable to Dems than ones with Healey b) Healey and Pressley are more likely to be the next statewide Dem nominees than Kennedy

I didn’t say you said Markeys win was a fluke. I DID.

And I think he’s very underrated obviously - that one loss has warped everyone’s opinion on him. But it was very much a one off spurred by the AOC/Far Left/Twitter warrior/Latte Liberal crowds random support of Markey. And as I said... they’re already frustrated as hell with him. Which was easy to see because he’s been a political camoleon in his whole career but they wouldn’t listen

Oh. Since you said "paragraphs of rambling nonsense about..." it sort of implied that that was someone else's opinion you were mocking, not your own opinion.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 09:48:30 AM »

What is the view here of Maura Healey? I've heard that she's a staunch progressive, with a "unlikable" personality, who tends to lean in heavily on social and cultural issues (or in other words, that she's the archetype of an upper middle-class, suburban Democrat). I've heard, on the other hand, that she possesses some charisma and could be a solid candidate. What is the consensus?

Not sure where the idea that she's unlikeable came from. She manages the difficult balance of being well-liked by both progressives and establishment types in the state. And she's a very strong frontrunner here. Color me skeptical that Walsh jumps in and even more skeptical that he'd do well if he did.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 11:09:44 PM »

I’d really hope Alex Morse runs for LG or AG if Healy goes for Governor

Well, he doesn't have a JD, so he certainly will not be going for AG.

Doubt he goes for LG either, and if he did, doubt he'd win. Small-town Mayor very far outside the Boston area to major statewide office is a huge step; in other words he won't be seen as particularly relevant or qualified. Also he has a relatively recent new job as Town Manager of P-Town (other side of the state as his last job - undercutting any natural geographic base of support), so it's unclear if he'd bail on that so soon for a statewide run.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies