Yes or No. Is the universe 12,000 years old? Dont hide behind your bible. No but (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:44:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Yes or No. Is the universe 12,000 years old? Dont hide behind your bible. No but (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is the universe 12,000 years old?
Yes (d)

No (d)

Yes (r)

No (r)

Yes (i)

No (i)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Yes or No. Is the universe 12,000 years old? Dont hide behind your bible. No but  (Read 28664 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: January 25, 2006, 10:13:59 AM »

Yes, the universe is at least 12,000 years old, if not much older. Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »

What does it matter from your point of view?  If there is no God, then everything is meaningless and has no consequence.

If there is no god, nothing is meaningless. In fact everything around us would take on more significance if it was discovered that there was nothing involved in its process.

Knowing that science believes the universe will decay into a pool of heat, I don't see how you find any significance in anything going on the universe, since ALL actions end in the same result.  You would have no purpose and no hope.  And without hope, I don't know how you find significance in your existence.

You're basically embracing hopelessness.
It's called "coming to terms with reality". Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies