Yes or No. Is the universe 12,000 years old? Dont hide behind your bible. No but (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:41:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Yes or No. Is the universe 12,000 years old? Dont hide behind your bible. No but (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is the universe 12,000 years old?
Yes (d)

No (d)

Yes (r)

No (r)

Yes (i)

No (i)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Yes or No. Is the universe 12,000 years old? Dont hide behind your bible. No but  (Read 28671 times)
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« on: January 25, 2006, 05:16:56 PM »

The creation-scientists use 6,000 years as the earth's age, not 12,000.  I don't think I've even ever seen anyone say it's 12,000 years old.

Aye, if you believe the traditional count we're currently in year 6010, although I calculated it myself once and got a a number just a little higher (approximately 6022 I believe).

Prior to Kings, where Biblical history finally begins to mesh with secular history, most people (myself included sometimes) have trouble taking scripture at face value. However, in Luke we see a geneaology stretching from Jesus to Adam. If we cannot take this list of Chirst's ancestors as literally true how can we take his ressurection Luke records as literally true?
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 01:30:30 PM »

The creation-scientists use 6,000 years as the earth's age, not 12,000.  I don't think I've even ever seen anyone say it's 12,000 years old.

Aye, if you believe the traditional count we're currently in year 6010, although I calculated it myself once and got a a number just a little higher (approximately 6022 I believe).

Prior to Kings, where Biblical history finally begins to mesh with secular history, most people (myself included sometimes) have trouble taking scripture at face value. However, in Luke we see a geneaology stretching from Jesus to Adam. If we cannot take this list of Chirst's ancestors as literally true how can we take his ressurection Luke records as literally true?

I didn’t mean to post this under my alternative moniker (Liberty).   Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, I just spilled the beans on myself.

Roll Eyes

To anyone who was confused I am NOT jmfcst.

Jmf, I have a higher respect for you than most of the forum does but this kind of stuff makes me wonder why I do.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies