Does Frist have any chance of winning the GOP nomination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:43:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Does Frist have any chance of winning the GOP nomination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
(D) I wish

(R) Yes

(R) No

(O) Yes

(O) No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Does Frist have any chance of winning the GOP nomination?  (Read 5245 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: May 20, 2005, 12:18:46 PM »

He is tied to Bush.  While Bush did win reelection he's not that popular.

I couldn't possibily disagree more.  President Bush is wildly popular, at least around here.  Just about every car in GOP areas of this city have "W The President" stickers on them and there are actually more of them every day.  The only people who don't love President Bush around here are anti-war, pro-Saddam lefties or anti-immigrant bigoted right-wing nuts.  When President Bush came to Memphis, the tickets were all gone within a matter of minutes and lines were wrapped 4 or 5 times around the office buildings that house Senator Frist and Alexander's offices.   And this was all in a "blue" county!   I suppose people don't feel that way in your neck of the woods... but it should be noted that most of the polls showed that people who voted for Bush did so out of support for him and not just opposing his opponent.
...of course that is always the case (in part because people lie on these sort of polls)...but it was much more marked on the Rep side.
Bush is a polarizing figure, best to leave it at that I guess.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies