Jury finds that Donald Trump sexually abused E. Jean Carroll in civil case
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 12:53:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jury finds that Donald Trump sexually abused E. Jean Carroll in civil case
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Jury finds that Donald Trump sexually abused E. Jean Carroll in civil case  (Read 6512 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2023, 03:46:24 PM »

It's just good to see Trump found guilty of something honestly. He's a f-ing creep and I hope this makes a difference. Probably won't but, hopefully a few more people couldn't take it anymore and won't support him.

Honestly, they'll just switch to desantis. All the fascism without the baggage. Though about 98% of them if forced to choose between Biden and a cereal sexual batter they'll just hoot and chortle at memes about Biden being huggy and support Trump anyway.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2023, 03:47:54 PM »

It's just good to see Trump found guilty of something honestly. He's a f-ing creep and I hope this makes a difference. Probably won't but, hopefully a few more people couldn't take it anymore and won't support him.

Honestly, they'll just switch to desantis. All the fascism without the baggage. Though about 98% of them if forced to choose between Biden and a cereal sexual batter they'll just hoot and chortle at memes about Biden being huggy and support Trump anyway.

DeSantis isn’t a fascist and yes I’m gonna proudly vote for him if he is the nominee
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2023, 04:14:43 PM »

Trump appealing $5 million judgment in E. Jean Carroll civil suit

Former President Donald Trump is appealing the $5 million judgment awarded by the Manhattan federal jury that found he sexually abused and defamed former magazine columnist E. Jean Carroll.

Trump’s lawyers filed the notice of appeal in the 2nd US Circuit Court of Appeals on Thursday, hours after federal Judge Lewis Kaplan filed a written ruling endorsing the jury verdict and ordering Trump to pay Carroll the full sum. Kaplan presided over the civil trial in New York.

Trump had previously indicated he planned to appeal.

Carroll alleged Trump raped her in a Bergdorf Goodman department store in New York in the spring of 1996 and then defamed her when he denied her claim, said she wasn’t his type and suggested she made up the story to boost sales of her book.

The jury found him liable for battery based on the sexual assault claim, that he should pay about $2 million in damages to Carroll for the civil battery claim and that he should pay her nearly $3 million in damages for successfully proving her defamation claim against him.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/politics/trump-appeal-e-jean-carroll-lawsuit-battery-defamation/index.html
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2023, 04:19:20 PM »

DeSantis isn’t a fascist and yes I’m gonna proudly vote for him if he is the nominee

He legalized discrimination and took punitive measures against a company just because they criticized him.
He is the epitome of a fascist.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2023, 04:22:18 PM »

He legalized discrimination and took punitive measures against a company just because they criticized him.

Was The Bush/Cheney administration fascist because I remember when liberals used to call them that too
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2023, 04:23:16 PM »

Was The Bush/Cheney administration fascist because I remember when liberals used to call them that too

Pretty much, yeah.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2023, 04:29:41 PM »

My first thought was why? DeSantis doesn't have a prayer of being the nominee. He's just a mini Trump. Are you going to vote for Trump?

No I am not gonna vote for Trump . I have said it multiple times before my main issue with Trump isn’t his policies but his behavior and disregard for rule of law .

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2023, 06:36:43 PM »

No, they weren't. Nor is DeSantis, just for the record.

Donald Trump is, though.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2023, 07:49:48 PM »

Donald Trump is, though.

They represent a fascist, or a minimum Neo authoritarian party, so I beg to differ.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2023, 07:50:59 PM »

Donald Trump is, though.

DeSantis did things that even Trump wouldn't dare. He is a fascist. Period.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2023, 10:11:52 AM »

The Bush administration was evil beyond even biblical proportions.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2023, 12:11:31 PM »

Pretty much, yeah.

Have you ever read “The Doctrine of Fascism” by Giovanni Gentile and Benito Mussolini? Do you know anything about what defined fascism to those men?

Of course not. So stop acting like you know what fascism is.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2023, 12:12:15 PM »

Donald Trump is, though.

DeSantis did things that even Trump wouldn't dare. He is a fascist. Period.

Pushing socially conservative policies is not the same thing as fascism
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2023, 01:01:10 PM »

There is nothing socially conservative in using the power of the state to punish your critics.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2023, 12:34:02 PM »

Many of these "social conservative policies" that desantis has conjured-up from Hell, are, in a general sense, Fascist. Thus the term sticks.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2023, 12:39:31 PM »

Donald Trump is, though.

Donald Trump is the least fascist of the four names mentioned here.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2023, 05:19:44 PM »

Many of these "social conservative policies" that desantis has conjured-up from Hell, are, in a general sense, Fascist. Thus the term sticks.

Do not confuse the wannabe fascist with facts.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2023, 06:49:01 PM »

So much hyperbole.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2023, 04:45:15 PM »

E. Jean Carroll Seeks New Damages From Trump for Comments on CNN
The former president’s repeated denials that he sexually abused Ms. Carroll “show the depth of his malice” and merit heavy damages, her lawyer wrote.

E. Jean Carroll, who this month won $5 million in damages from former President Donald J. Trump, is now seeking a “very substantial” additional amount in response to his insults on a CNN program just a day after she won her sexual abuse and defamation case.

Ms. Carroll’s filing Monday in Manhattan federal court seeks to intensify the financial pain for Mr. Trump. The jury in her civil case found him liable on May 9 for sexual abuse and defamation. It ordered him to pay Ms. Carroll, a former advice columnist and fixture in Manhattan’s media circles, $2 million for the sexual abuse and $3 million for the defamation.

Monday’s filing came in a separate defamation lawsuit that Ms. Carroll had filed in 2019 against Mr. Trump, 76, which is before the same judge who presided in the civil trial but had been sidetracked by appeals. The older case stemmed from comments Mr. Trump made that year, shortly after she said that he had raped her in a Manhattan department store dressing room in the mid-1990s. That lawsuit is still pending.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/22/nyregion/carroll-trump-cnn-defamation.html
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2023, 04:07:53 PM »

She can probably add another item for this to this morning.

I don’t know E. Jean Carroll, I never met her or touched her (except on a celebrity line with her African American husband who she disgustingly called the “Ape,”), I wouldn’t want to know or touch her, I never abused her or raped her or took her to a dressing room 25 years ago in a crowded department store where the doors are LOCKED, she has no idea when, or did anything else to her, except deny her Fake, Made Up Story, that she wrote in a book. IT NEVER HAPPENED, IS A TOTAL SCAM, UNFAIR TRIAL!

Page 2: The Carroll case is part of the Democrats playbook to tarnish my name and person, much like the now fully debunked Russia, Russia, Russia Hoax, the 51 Intelligence Agents, FBI/Twitter Files, and so much more. It is being funded and tried by Democrat operatives, although this was denied by them, and when they got caught in the lie, the Clinton appointed judge would not let us use it in trial. Time will prove him to be highly partisan & very unfair. Where’s the dress she said she had?

Does he even realize that might cost him another million dollars? Every time he does this she can collect additionally for it (if allowed to add it to her next case and the jury finds him liable for it of course).
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2023, 09:24:09 PM »

(From last week, but I don't see it posted elsewhere.)

Presidency Doesn’t Shield Trump From Carroll’s Suit, Justice Dept. Says
The Justice Department said Tuesday that it would no longer argue that President Donald J. Trump’s derogatory statements about E. Jean Carroll in 2019 were made as part of his official duties as president — a reversal that gives new momentum to her case.

Ms. Carroll, 79, who won $5 million in damages in a trial accusing Mr. Trump of sexual abuse in the 1990s and defamation after he left the White House in January 2021, now is trying to push forward a separate lawsuit over comments that he made while president. That case has been mired in appeals. If a judge ultimately finds that those earlier comments were part of Mr. Trump’s official duties, that case would most likely be dismissed.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2023, 09:35:26 AM »

Trump loses key ruling ahead of writer Carroll's defamation trial
U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan in Manhattan said a May jury verdict awarding Carroll $5 million after Trump defamed her in Oct. 2022 established that he made his 2019 statements with "actual malice," leaving only the issue of how much he should pay in damages.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2023, 10:08:15 AM »
« Edited: September 06, 2023, 10:12:35 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

We already know what type of person Trump is, he doesn't need the money to be Prez ANYWAYS

Conserv  forum members suppor Trump and he did the samething as Bill Clinton did, that's why despite the job Approvals there is no red wave in sight Brshear is leading

You know as far as Blue Avatars, low Job approval numbers have to be associated with a red wave like in 2010/2014, that hasn't it's either a neutral cycle or a blue wave like we won WI by 11 without Johnson being on the ballot, that's the thing that's missing with Biden low Approvals but Ds get 50% of the vote anyways not 40% when it's time to vote that's why Biden 41/49% Approvals are misleading in 4% unemployment
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2023, 11:06:19 AM »

So he's now been found liable for sexual assault twice by the courts.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2023, 11:25:22 AM »

So he's now been found liable for sexual assault twice by the courts.

If Republicans cared about grooming they would dump Trump. But they’re proud of his actions so that tells you something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies