Opinion of Winnie the Pooh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:31:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Winnie the Pooh (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of Winnie the Pooh?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Opinion of Winnie the Pooh  (Read 2560 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 25, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »
« edited: September 25, 2013, 08:15:55 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

I was obsessed with Winnie the Pooh when I was little, and The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is still one of my favorite shows, so I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

I don't think he would really have any political views, but of course, Eeyore would be a Democrat and the Heffalumps would be Republicans (think about it.)

Piglet is the average voter. Interested in politics, but not set on any one particular idea or platform.

Tigger is your Occupy Wall Street type.  Well meaning, but with no plans or reasoning ability and causing at least as much trouble as he solves.

Rabbit is a moderate Republican.  Always worried that others, especially Tigger and Gopher, will ruin his garden, but not a unkindly soul.

Owl is your typical Libertarian.  Full of grand ideas, but no common sense.

Gopher is your typical Tea Party Republican.  He generally messes things up and has a unhealthy obsession with blowing things up.

This, but the Tea Partiers sound like Owl too.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »

What I wonder now though is if Winnie the Pooh is appropriate for children. Someone above called him a hunny addict and that's accurate. Could the hunny be symbolic for something like hash or heroin? What will the effects be on our children? I don't want a silly bear wearing with a red shirt whose addicted to drugs to be entertaining my children. Is the hunny a substitute for some type of drug or bad behavior? Perhaps we'll see an episode where Winnie the Pooh goes to rehab after her gets Obamacare.
Of course not.  Back when A.A. Milne wrote the books, hardly anyone used narcotics, at least publically.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 08:36:06 AM »

What I wonder now though is if Winnie the Pooh is appropriate for children. Someone above called him a hunny addict and that's accurate. Could the hunny be symbolic for something like hash or heroin? What will the effects be on our children? I don't want a silly bear wearing with a red shirt whose addicted to drugs to be entertaining my children. Is the hunny a substitute for some type of drug or bad behavior? Perhaps we'll see an episode where Winnie the Pooh goes to rehab after her gets Obamacare.
Of course not.  Back when A.A. Milne wrote the books, hardly anyone used narcotics, at least publically.

Ever heard of Coca-Cola or the opium wars?
Yes, but Winnie the Pooh was written in the 1920s, long after the cocaine was removed from Coca-Cola. 

There's been drug addicts since the beginning of time though.
True, but no children's writer with a sense of decency at that time would have incorporated such a theme into their stories.  Whoever made that comment was just trying to be funny.  Pooh is a bear, and bears like honey, so it only makes sense that Pooh likes honey.  And in the original stories, he only wore a red shirt during the winter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies