is Rick Santorum more or less objectionable because he is a Roman Catholic? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:53:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  is Rick Santorum more or less objectionable because he is a Roman Catholic? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: is Rick Santorum more or less objectionable because he is a Roman Catholic?
more, his Catholicism exacerbates his objectionability

less, adding conservative evangelical protestantism to the equation would render him utterly unbearable

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: is Rick Santorum more or less objectionable because he is a Roman Catholic?  (Read 8261 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: January 21, 2013, 01:59:34 PM »

The United Methodist Church uses liturgical colors, BRTD.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 02:25:07 PM »

The United Methodist Church uses liturgical colors, BRTD.

And the one I linked to has their own app available for iPhones and Androids.

Which is, of course, a more important indicator.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2013, 04:32:40 PM by Nathan »

The thing is, liturgical colors isn't something I find objectionable or offensive. Complimentarianism and clerical celibacy are.

Okay, but degree of theological and cultural similarity and difference isn't dictated by what you do or don't find offensive.

Incidentally, what's your beef with clerical celibacy? It's certainly not a concept I'm attached to (obviously, since I belong to a denomination in which not only are most priests married, but some are married to someone of the same sex), but I've never heard anybody describe it as offensive. An undue burden, yes, but not offensive. Certainly not to the same degree as complementarianism.

BRTD, that Church is weird. It's like some Obama-government-funded, Lena-Dunham-inspired state-run community center.

EXACTLY. That's the whole point. Especially the Lena Dunham part.

I'd consider roughly a third to half of the implications of that set of descriptors mutually exclusive with being a church in any meaningful sense, but that's just me.

I also like how Lena Dunham has become Simfan's bane; it just seems appropriate somehow.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies