Evolution (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 03:45:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Evolution (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with the theory of evolution?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Evolution  (Read 20919 times)
Mikem
Rookie

« on: November 17, 2004, 03:16:25 PM »
« edited: November 18, 2004, 09:58:31 AM by Mikem »

I see no reason why God and Science cannot coexist.  I went through a period where I was a firm athiest, having been educated in engineering among other things, but have reformed my views.

I absolutely believe in the laws of physics, and that they are the forces that shape our world.  I also believe, however, that God, whatever that is, created these laws and now his creation run free.  I do not believe that God interferes at all with the universe.  I think that he created a framework, then stepped back to watch.  With this point of view there is no reason that science cannot exist alongside God. 

As for teaching of evolution in schools, strongly strongly agree.  I think that learning evolution teaches much more than just how we got here.  It teaches children that our world is shaped by a progression of logic and chance, the abstract concept of which I believe is far more important than how fish grew legs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies