Describe Obama 08/Romney 12/Hillary 16/Trump 2020 voters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:49:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe Obama 08/Romney 12/Hillary 16/Trump 2020 voters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe Obama 08/Romney 12/Hillary 16/Trump 2020 voters  (Read 1433 times)
Forward
United States

« on: January 06, 2020, 02:02:23 AM »
« edited: January 06, 2020, 04:08:21 PM by Forward »

It's very easy to describe a Gore/Bush/Obama/Romney/Hillary voter. There were many, many people who voted like this. I don't know why people are acting as if this is a rare voting pattern. I can't believe only two people mentioned the group of people in which this voting pattern is extremely common.

Rich people!

Bush won the top income bracket in 2000 by around 55/45, Bush won it again by around 65/35 in 2004, Obama won it in 2008 by around 53/47 IIRC (being the first Democrat to do that since LBJ), Romney won it in 2012 by around 55/45, and Clinton and Trump both performed around evenly with this group (with exit polls showing Trump with a slight edge and other polls showing Clinton with a slight edge). This indicates a lot of Gore/Bush/Obama/Romney/Clinton voters in this group.

I know Gore 2000 performed similarly to Obama 2012 with rich voters in the nation at-large, but if you look specifically at the results of many of the richest cities in the US, Gore did much better than Obama 2012 in most of them IIRC.  

Obama/Romney/Clinton was the voting pattern of many, many of the wealthiest towns in the US such as Atherton, CA, Greenwich, CT, etc.

It's easy to imagine a rich voter who was turned off by Bush's anti-intellectualism and boorish behavior and turned on by the strong economy in 2000, turned on by Bush's tax cuts in 2004, turned off by the recession in 2008, turned off by Obama's "class warfare" rhetoric in 2012, and turned off by Trump's racism and boorish behavior in 2016.

I can't think of a more "stereotypical rich person voting pattern" than Gore/Bush/Obama/Romney/Hillary.

My mother is a Gore/Bush/Obama/Romney/Hillary voter.

The part that makes this difficult however is the Trump 2020 part. It's hard for me to imagine upscale voters going back to Trump in 2020, especially considering Biden is probably going to be the nominee. However, if Bernie is the nominee, I could easily imagine this with the Trump 2020 part.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies