Texas swing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:46:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Texas swing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas swing  (Read 4816 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: December 26, 2012, 04:16:20 AM »

and the party itself is effectively owned by old white trial lawyers who are only Democrats because the GOP is the party of tort reform.

I laughed slightly too much at this.

It's true, though. The TX Dems can't win any elections for two main reasons:

1. They have zero connections to any business or industry other than plaintiffs' attorneys. The Republicans have a monopoly on oil & gas.

2. They can't find a Kathleen Sebelius-type candidate who can steal away enough Republicans to win an election. I'm not talking about Paul Sadler-types from rural East Texas. I'm talking about a centrist from a major city who has private sector connections to facilitate fundraising and who can win over white suburban voters.

Would Sadler have a chance if he was from, say, Dallas?  I was watching his debate against Cruz and I was really impressed.  And what really surprised me was how liberal he was (and I've read his positions on the issues on his website and he seems to be a real Democrat rather than a blue dog).
Cruz for example was talking about building a wall on the border with Mexico and he responded by saying that Mexico is our number 1 trading partner (I'm pretty sure they're number 2 but whatever), what kind of message does that send to them?

Edit:  they're actually our 3rd largest trading partner behind Canada and China.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies