the hammer and sickle vs. the Christian cross (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:52:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  the hammer and sickle vs. the Christian cross (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the hammer and sickle vs. the Christian cross  (Read 3844 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: February 10, 2005, 03:04:53 AM »

can someone explain the difference betweent eh two?

Supposedly the hammer and sickle is evil because loads of people were killed by people who used it as their symbol. But loads of people were also killed by the Crusades, and the Salem witch trials, and various purges of Jews in Medevial Europe, etc. But one does not consider the Christian cross to be a symbol of those actions.

Similarily, the hammer and sickle represents the unity of power of workers. One can agree with that and not Stalin's genocide.

I have no problems with either symbol. I agree with what both represent and it's not the genocides committed by those claiming to be Christians or Marxists. So what is wrong with the hammer and sickle?
The inquisition killed about 10000 people, if so. Communism killes 100 Million.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 02:05:54 PM »

I'm not really a communist, but if you want to say so, go ahead. I guess many would say it's an oxymoron, but I hear there's a lot in Italy.

I know one old man who goes to church with a communist party pin, and sticks it out during communion, just to piss of the priest.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies