Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:51:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 22491 times)
I Won - Get Over It
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »

CNN is saying it was a close "Middle East ally" who warned if this happened again, they would stop sharing intel.

All signs point to Israel.

trump's approval rating goes up among alt-rightists!

I kid, I kid.
LOL
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2017, 07:30:24 PM »

once again:

How to tell @gregpmiller and @GregJaffe have it right: They know *which* details Trump told Lavrov. Officials asked WP not to publish them.
https://twitter.com/bartongellman/status/864266610240090112

quite striking.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #302 on: May 15, 2017, 07:31:07 PM »

CNN is saying it was a close "Middle East ally" who warned if this happened again, they would stop sharing intel.

All signs point to Israel.

trump's approval rating goes up among alt-rightists!

I kid, I kid.
Well I mean, that's pretty much what would happen.

well yea, that's true. Israel is sort of like the federal reserve to some people. Automatically evokes negative reaction and subtle racism despite great importance.  

There are honestly some people even on the far left that would be happy if israel intelligence was dissed like this.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2017, 07:31:09 PM »

All 3 of the people in the room with trump have denied he shared confidential info: tillerson, powell, and mcmaster.

Why should they NOT be trusted, but anti-trump leakers are automatically trusted?

What PROOF do we have?

1. There was more than 3 people in the room with Trump,
2.  They have NOT denied that he shared confidential info.

It's very frustrating dealing with apologists that ignore the facts.

1. Name them. All of them.
2. They have denied what the Compost claimed.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2017, 07:33:07 PM »

I'm getting sick of this "Republicans are putting party before country" bulls***.  Suddenly, searching for the truth stopped becoming relevant for Democrats.  Literally every. single. damn. thing. with Russia is now somehow traitorous.  GET THE FACTS.

Nancy Pelosi saying ACA needed to be passed before reading the bill wasn't party over country?  Democrats protecting Hillary despite her perjuring herself wasn't party over country?  Obama gave guns to f***ing Mexican criminals, one of which killed a border patrolman.  WHERE WAS THE F***ING OUTRAGE FROM DEMOCRATS?!?!?

In addition, I have never once called a Democrat a traitor to the country.  That is a disgusting accusation if not true, yet Democrats have no problem spending EVERY F***ING MINUTE calling Republicans traitors.

Grow the hell up.

Whhaaaaaaaaaaataboutism at its finest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

(Fun fact: "Whataboutism was a propaganda technique used by the Soviet Union in its dealings with the Western world during the Cold War.")

I've seen no one here, and no one anywhere who was taken seriously, complain about normal relations with the Russians, with basic co-ordination with them re: Syria, with the fact that Russians play a role in North Korea, etc. Much less accuse anyone of treason over those issues.

The facts are that Trump and his circle keep stumbling into, hiding, or lying about connections between themselves and elements of the Russian government, particularly those connected to Putin. This is like a Donald Duck cartoon, where Donald keeps beating himself up with a rake, and cursing a blue streak every time before hitting himself again.

Who decided a private meeting with the Russian foreign minister and ambassador was a great idea?
Who kicked US news organizations out of said meeting?
Who decided (being charitable to the Donald's mental processes) to provide Russian officials with classified information?
yankeesfan
« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2017, 07:33:47 PM »

All 3 of the people in the room with trump have denied he shared confidential info: tillerson, powell, and mcmaster.

Why should they NOT be trusted, but anti-trump leakers are automatically trusted?

What PROOF do we have?

For the last time, the statements did not deny what the Washington Post reported.  They denied that sources, methods and military operations were discussed.  That's not what WaPo reported.

As for the other point, you can't seriously be claiming that those three were the only ones in the room, can you?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2017, 07:34:51 PM »

So Trumpers are literally party before country after 30 years of waving the flag

If that's not clear by now, I don't know what more evidence you could possibly need to show that the "real Americans" and Evangelicals alike (a lot of overlap there) are the biggest bunch of hypocrites and should never be taken seriously ever again.

Wait, why must it be assumed that *your* position is the american one, and anyone who disagrees with you is a traitorous human being? Isn't that sort of absolutism dangerous to society?

Why do so many red avatars on this board act like they are somehow above the fray when it comes to their views and their actions? You guys think your opposition to trump stems from some higher, more decent source than partisanship, when in reality it doesn't. Because for 15 MONTHS this board poo-pooed the hillary email story, a development that virtually ALL independently-minded people, even many on the left, admitted was a huge deal that played a role in her losing.

I'm fine with you being against trump, but do not sit here and tell me you are somehow a better person than people who choose to defend him. You call others "party before country" people, but you punted when it came to hillar's reckless practice.

We are all in the mud of partisanship, and it's not as black/white as "anyone who defends him is anti-american". Get out with that crap. It's a mechanism to protect you from debate. You are set in your ways and will never  change from your basic worldview, which is that

right=bad
left=good

Actually, I was a Republican up until it became clear the Donald would become the nominee, but nice try. My worldview is the same as TD's.
So since Trump won the nomination, you quit the party.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2017, 07:35:07 PM »

LMAO !
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that room.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2017, 07:36:45 PM »

Well, one thing we can neutrally establish is that maybe Trump has lost the intelligence community and that his crisis management skills suck. Let's see how his polling looks over the next few days to assess the fallout.

I am now more inclined to believe this story since the McMaster statement referred to sources and so on, and didn't directly denounce the piece. Also apparently the WH asked the Post not to run the piece, but they did, indicating there is some level of truth.

Ultimately, on the heels of the Comey firing, this looks pretty bad optics wise for the White House. The bigger truth is that this may harden the image of Trump being too Russian-friendly. I begin to wonder if his ability to govern is too far gone now and Trump is now effectively being waged war on by the IC and FBI communities.

I have never heard language like what I've heard from the FBI and the intelligence agencies. I am beginning to wonder, as I've said, about Trump's ability to govern with any semblance of legitimacy outside his hard right base. I figured he could ride out the storm and he may still, but this coupled with the Comey firing may harden a narrative that may be impossible to unspool.

The independent prosecutor, I think, is something that will happen now, but we'll see.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2017, 07:37:05 PM »

So Trumpers are literally party before country after 30 years of waving the flag

If that's not clear by now, I don't know what more evidence you could possibly need to show that the "real Americans" and Evangelicals alike (a lot of overlap there) are the biggest bunch of hypocrites and should never be taken seriously ever again.

Wait, why must it be assumed that *your* position is the american one, and anyone who disagrees with you is a traitorous human being? Isn't that sort of absolutism dangerous to society?

Why do so many red avatars on this board act like they are somehow above the fray when it comes to their views and their actions? You guys think your opposition to trump stems from some higher, more decent source than partisanship, when in reality it doesn't. Because for 15 MONTHS this board poo-pooed the hillary email story, a development that virtually ALL independently-minded people, even many on the left, admitted was a huge deal that played a role in her losing.

I'm fine with you being against trump, but do not sit here and tell me you are somehow a better person than people who choose to defend him. You call others "party before country" people, but you punted when it came to hillar's reckless practice.

We are all in the mud of partisanship, and it's not as black/white as "anyone who defends him is anti-american". Get out with that crap. It's a mechanism to protect you from debate. You are set in your ways and will never  change from your basic worldview, which is that

right=bad
left=good

Actually, I was a Republican up until it became clear the Donald would become the nominee, but nice try. My worldview is the same as TD's.

The party quit being a force for good, forcing many peoples' hands.  I'd rather quit a party than be complicit in the destruction of my country.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #310 on: May 15, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »

right=bad
left=good

Yeah, raving lunacy and white person populism isn't my cup of tea
Ok so overnight the GOP became a white supremacist group. and after years of attacks by dems saying the same thing it suddenly applied.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #311 on: May 15, 2017, 07:39:22 PM »

right=bad
left=good

I was also a Republican voter up until Trump won the nomination.  The GOP is dead to me now; never again will I vote for anyone with an R by their name.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: May 15, 2017, 07:40:02 PM »

What PROOF do we have?

For the last time, the statements did not deny what the Washington Post reported.  They denied that sources, methods and military operations were discussed.  That's not what WaPo reported.

As for the other point, you can't seriously be claiming that those three were the only ones in the room, can you?

That's exactly what the Compost was saying.
yankeesfan
« Reply #313 on: May 15, 2017, 07:41:34 PM »

What PROOF do we have?

Wrong.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #314 on: May 15, 2017, 07:42:23 PM »

right=bad
left=good

Ok so overnight the GOP became a white supremacist group. and after years of attacks by dems saying the same thing it suddenly applied.

Actually, I don't believe a majority of Republicans are actual racists. But the ones who gave rise and were perfectly fine enabling him showed their true colors. And no, I shouldn't have to prove that Trump said a sh*t ton of racist things last year. If you followed the campaign even somewhat, that much would've been clear.

...unless you also happen to be a racist...
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix

« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2017, 07:42:48 PM »

right=bad
left=good

I was also a Republican voter up until Trump won the nomination.  The GOP is dead to me now; never again will I vote for anyone with an R by their name.

Lol. You were. Republician? With a -4.00 and -7.83 PC score?

The Easter bunny is real.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2017, 07:42:54 PM »

right=bad
left=good

Actually, I don't believe a majority of Republicans are actual racists. But the ones who gave rise and were perfectly fine enabling him showed their true colors. And no, I shouldn't have to prove that Trump said a sh*t ton of racist things last year. If you followed the campaign even somewhat, that much would've been clear.
I did. I never believed he was.  
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #317 on: May 15, 2017, 07:46:08 PM »

And we should believe McMaster and the WH because....

McMaster is a highly respected general and a truthful man.

And Michael Flynn is (was) a "highly respected general and a truthful man."
LOL.

Was Flynn praised from both sides? No.

Does it matter if "Flynn was praised by both sides" ?
All that counts is that trump always hires the best people .... remember ?
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: May 15, 2017, 07:50:47 PM »

What PROOF do we have?

Wrong.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/15/white-house-denies-report-trump-revealed-classified-info-about-isis-to-russians.html
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #319 on: May 15, 2017, 07:52:28 PM »

What PROOF do we have?

Wrong.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/15/white-house-denies-report-trump-revealed-classified-info-about-isis-to-russians.html
Remember, liberals don't trust Fox or any other conservative websites
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #320 on: May 15, 2017, 07:55:16 PM »

Sources from the intelligence community are beginning to confirm that the Washington Post was accurate in their reporting.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: May 15, 2017, 07:55:58 PM »

Sources from the intelligence community are beginning to confirm that the Washington Post was accurate in their reporting.

"Sources."
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »

"Sources."
Sources say water is wet

"Sources"
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »

Top headlines on foxnews.com right now:

"Hillary Clinton launches Onward Together PAC"
"Could a probe of Hillary's email server be reopened?"
"Hillary Clinton launches PAC aimed at resisting Trump"
"Krauthammer on DNC slamming Trump intel reveal: Hillary did much worse"

Not only is FOX blatantly biased, their journalism downright sucks. I can see why Megyn and Greta left.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2017, 07:57:06 PM »

But of course, this is no big deal. It's all fake news and conspiracy from liberals.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies