Dieudonne M'bala M'bala arrested for voicing support for Kosher market gunman (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:42:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Dieudonne M'bala M'bala arrested for voicing support for Kosher market gunman (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dieudonne M'bala M'bala arrested for voicing support for Kosher market gunman  (Read 5239 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: February 04, 2015, 08:36:42 AM »

Yeah, I'm aware of that. What I was trying to say is is that in both countries, there's an enshrined principle of free speech, barring what they define as harmful. This interpretation of harmful speech is what differs and I'd be interested to know why.

Different political and judicial traditions, it's not really that interesting, what people and the courts think is harmful differ from country. The Westboro Church's demonstrations would likely be banned every else than USA as harassment and disturb the public order, Americans are in their full right to disagree with that, but as other countries are not USA, it's rather natural it differ. It's like there some places women are not allowed to bathe topless and other places they are. What people see as harmful differ, and the reasons for that can't be describe in a single post. It's usual something people just get, if they use to interact with other cultures.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies