Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:52:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149808 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: May 26, 2019, 11:32:40 PM »

Just finished a four-day bender. Highlights were:

* Me hitting it off with a girl, and then her telling me if she didn't have a husband she'd go for me
* Me being invited to a bachelorette party's beach house
* My friend going into a Nice Guy Rant (TM) because he bought a girl
* Said friend throwing up constantly
* Me rambling about being "on some patrician sh**t"
* Two friends getting into a fight and getting away with it
* Generally upwards of 20 people being trashed

Overall, things were fun.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #826 on: May 26, 2019, 11:43:26 PM »

Just finished a four-day bender. Highlights were:

* Me hitting it off with a girl, and then her telling me if she didn't have a husband she'd go for me
* Me being invited to a bachelorette party's beach house
* My friend going into a Nice Guy Rant (TM) because he bought a girl
* Said friend throwing up constantly
* Me rambling about being "on some patrician sh**t"
* Two friends getting into a fight and getting away with it
* Generally upwards of 20 people being trashed

Overall, things were fun.

Good stuff my man. Next time hit it off with a girl that ain't got a man. Tongue
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #827 on: May 27, 2019, 12:12:37 PM »

Just graduated a couple days ago as well, pretty uneventful for me. Different story for my twin sis though, she decided to go to one of those afterparties (meanwhile I have never been to an actual party or even sh!t like prom or homecoming), and got spooked and my dad and I had to go pick her up and it was like almost midnight and like all the way in downtown (we are in North Dallas suburbs), and I told her this earlier that day and joked that I have one more minute of wisdom in this world (I am a minute older)  but I kinda got madder in the car, but I basically told her it was common sense not to go to this party. One, I know the girl who was hosting it, and she is bad news, two who the f&ck wants to pay a 75 dollar entrance fee what a waste of perfectly good money!, and lastly three, we’ve already spent over half of our lives with these people (went to school with most of them well before high school), and my idea of friday night fun is not getting trashed with a bunch of former highschool pals, I mean that is just the definition of lame and a great way to start living the I peaked during highschool meme. I mean from what I heard it was just an average party, but for my sister’s frail sensibilities that should have been a no go. Just the usual heavy vaping and spiking punches and some more illicit substances but nothing really that unexpected, but who wants to even do that lol.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #828 on: May 27, 2019, 01:10:11 PM »

God I hate being sick. Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #829 on: May 27, 2019, 08:00:17 PM »

Trying to car shop and it's frustrating since, while I'd like a car that'll last me, most things made in the last ten years look terrible.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #830 on: May 27, 2019, 10:00:54 PM »

I’m so bored like every day so far this summer.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #831 on: May 28, 2019, 02:42:07 AM »

Just got tickets for Cricket World Cup 2019 - NZ vs Bangladesh @ The Oval and Australia vs West Indies @ Trent Bridge. Great seats, too. Will have to work really hard over the next week and a half to make sure I have enough slack in the rope to take a couple days off to day drink and watch cricket, but it'll be worth it.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #832 on: May 28, 2019, 01:06:28 PM »

The Weather Channel is saying there's a 70% chance of a tornado in the KC metro today - the highest chance of such severe weather since I moved here last summer. I am definitely anxious about such a threat here on the Plains; these aren't Florida tornadoes...
Corbyn is (no longer) the leader of the Labour Party
DANNT

« Reply #833 on: May 28, 2019, 03:54:06 PM »

The Weather Channel is saying there's a 70% chance of a tornado in the KC metro today - the highest chance of such severe weather since I moved here last summer. I am definitely anxious about such a threat here on the Plains; these aren't Florida tornadoes...
heck yes, I'm excited
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #834 on: May 28, 2019, 04:00:38 PM »

I just got back from a weekend road trip to Montreal with a close friend. We visited the tombs of two saints (Kateri Tekakwitha and Marguerite Bourgeoys) as well as Leonard Cohen's favorite breakfast place and his grave.

Also, I am going to be taking on that refugee resettlement position after all; in fact I'm going to be in two separate roles, one with an Eritrean family and one in an ESOL classroom with a mostly Congolese student body (I've been directed to try to pick up some Swahili). It's actually with Catholic Charities, which is ORR's contractor for refugee resettlement in Western Mass.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #835 on: May 28, 2019, 08:00:49 PM »

So far, this has been a weird storm.  Major damage 10 miles from here, and I've barely seen rain.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #836 on: May 28, 2019, 08:30:02 PM »

So far, this has been a weird storm.  Major damage 10 miles from here, and I've barely seen rain.

Apparently, the storm entered a cycling process just as it entered Parkville. So, it weakened and lifted off the ground before restrenngthening and touching down again in Clay County. Lucky for me, that meant I was just barely missed by the tornado. All I saw was heavy rain and lightning up here between Zona Rosa and KCI.

The tornado allegedly reached .75-1 mile wide and winds were around 150-200mph at its peak. One storm chaser reported to the local news seeing a brick home as a pile of rubble.
Corbyn is (no longer) the leader of the Labour Party
DANNT

« Reply #837 on: May 28, 2019, 10:06:26 PM »

So far, this has been a weird storm.  Major damage 10 miles from here, and I've barely seen rain.

Apparently, the storm entered a cycling process just as it entered Parkville. So, it weakened and lifted off the ground before restrenngthening and touching down again in Clay County. Lucky for me, that meant I was just barely missed by the tornado. All I saw was heavy rain and lightning up here between Zona Rosa and KCI.

The tornado allegedly reached .75-1 mile wide and winds were around 150-200mph at its peak. One storm chaser reported to the local news seeing a brick home as a pile of rubble.

It was a very weird storm, lots of thunder and lightning but no  rain or wind
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #838 on: May 29, 2019, 01:08:49 PM »

I'm attending a royal garden party :/
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #839 on: May 29, 2019, 01:26:01 PM »

I chipped my tooth on some "boneless" chicken earlier.

Turns out it wasn't boneless after all!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #840 on: May 29, 2019, 04:09:56 PM »

I'm interested in hearing the "greatest hits" (so to speak) of how it goes.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #841 on: May 29, 2019, 04:23:13 PM »

I'm interested in hearing the "greatest hits" (so to speak) of how it goes.

I'm worried about bowing. I have sciatica Cheesy
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #842 on: May 29, 2019, 06:56:17 PM »

I’m moving to Lake Tahoe next month.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #843 on: May 29, 2019, 09:01:05 PM »

Anyone here been to Savannah, GA? What are the best things to do there? My fiancee and I are going on vacation there in late June and we need some stuff to do lol. I've already decided we'll drive out to Tybee Island for a day, but what else should we look out for?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #844 on: May 30, 2019, 12:26:19 PM »

Looks like these Zurich trips may become a regular occurrence. I would prefer my old Asia routine, but this will probably be easier on my body. And not as much of a grind as flying BOS/EWR-SFO every week.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #845 on: May 30, 2019, 12:39:42 PM »

strawberry ice cream is good.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #846 on: June 02, 2019, 01:07:14 AM »

Had a pretty good week. Got Reddit silver for a silly joke, the Lib Dems led in a poll, had some good dinners (including my birthday dinner), and I found a silver dime (1948-S for the fellow collectors out there).

Going to look at cars again tomorrow. This time, the Honda Civic Hatch. Looked at the Honda Fit last week, but I don’t fit in its back seat (ironically), so it was off the list. The Kia Rio Hatch seemed kinda cheap, so it’s off the list too. The Toyota Corolla Hatch felt a bit cramped, but it gets good mileage and I might not be had the seat all the way down when I sat in one. The current front runner is the Subaru Impreza Hatch. Nice cargo room, didn’t feel cramped, and it’s AWD.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #847 on: June 02, 2019, 01:07:57 AM »

Nice! South or North shore? I haven’t been to Tahoe in years even though it’s only an hour and a half away.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #848 on: June 02, 2019, 01:11:45 AM »

Nice! South or North shore? I haven’t been to Tahoe in years even though it’s only an hour and a half away.

South, of course!  I ain't a millionayer!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #849 on: June 02, 2019, 06:35:10 PM »

@ the Lufthansa lounge at BOS waiting for my flight to Zurich. Watching a Speedbird A380 taxi by. No brand represents freedom to me more than BA. (But Club World sucks and Heathrow T5 is a zoo!)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies