Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:06:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149795 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: May 09, 2019, 01:47:02 AM »

Feeling frustrated right now because it seems like in a lot of different ways I'm waiting to hear back from people, or waiting for someone to figure something out, so that I can take the next step, and I don't know if I should be doing something to help make it happen, or if I should just assume certain things will or won't happen and act accordingly.

If this is about anything involving romance (which I honestly know little about), my best advice to you, unfortunately, would be to accept any form of "ghosting" as a rejection and move on.  My philosophy is that if the person isn't into you, or doesn't show it, then your best bet is to come to terms with it and look for other fish in the sea.

Your post wasn't specific enough, so that's all I got. Tongue

No, but that's a very interesting interpretation, hadn't thought of that!

It's a few different things, but a big part has to do with being on a waiting list to see a certain therapist who seems like he'd be really good, but the wait has far exceeded the estimated time they told me so I don't know what the deal is.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #776 on: May 09, 2019, 02:13:19 AM »

Feeling frustrated right now because it seems like in a lot of different ways I'm waiting to hear back from people, or waiting for someone to figure something out, so that I can take the next step, and I don't know if I should be doing something to help make it happen, or if I should just assume certain things will or won't happen and act accordingly.

If this is about anything involving romance (which I honestly know little about), my best advice to you, unfortunately, would be to accept any form of "ghosting" as a rejection and move on.  My philosophy is that if the person isn't into you, or doesn't show it, then your best bet is to come to terms with it and look for other fish in the sea.

Your post wasn't specific enough, so that's all I got. Tongue

No, but that's a very interesting interpretation, hadn't thought of that!

It's a few different things, but a big part has to do with being on a waiting list to see a certain therapist who seems like he'd be really good, but the wait has far exceeded the estimated time they told me so I don't know what the deal is.

I can sort of understand that.  It took me years to find a good psychologist, and now I can actually say he's the best doctor I've ever met.  (He wants me to meet with an actual therapist, which is my next course of action after I deal with all the other BS I've had dumped on me.)

Obviously I am not a licensed professional, but I'm always open if you need someone to talk about things with.  Spiritual counseling is something I've been interested in for a long time, so I'll help as much as I can.  Not sure if that's what you're looking for, though.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #777 on: May 11, 2019, 12:01:03 AM »

Went for a fantastic omakase last night in KL. Completely stuffed at the end. Great value at US$150/pax. Grab back to the hotel from the restaurant was only 10 ringgits. ($2.50) Cheesy Love this place.

Gonna play tourist a bit this weekend. Batu Caves tomorrow and a reservation to go up the Twin Towers after dark tonight. Maybe a few drinks at Vertigo in the evening. Such a happening city where observant Muslims #crazyrichasians can live side by side.
diptheriadan

« Reply #778 on: May 11, 2019, 09:22:15 AM »

Sitting in hospital with folkes. Dad apparently has diabetes and maybe heart attack. Don't know for sure.
diptheriadan

« Reply #779 on: May 11, 2019, 10:55:55 AM »

Sitting in hospital with folkes. Dad apparently has diabetes and maybe heart attack. Don't know for sure.

No heart attack, pnemonia from smoking. Thank god
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #780 on: May 11, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »

No heart attack, pnemonia from smoking. Thank god
My grandma spent thirty days in the hospital for pneumonia the Christmas before last. She was chain smoking each night until 5:00 AM, sleeping all day, barely eating, and was dehydrated too. She spent two weeks in the hospital, and then two weeks in physical rehab, which she hated. Thank God it wasn’t a heart attack indeed, but pneumonia in and of itself is a bitch. I’ll be sure to pray for your dad!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #781 on: May 11, 2019, 07:25:26 PM »

I just submitted my first ever article to the American Conservative for publication. I don't think it'll make it, but I think it's good enough for a first attempt regardless if it gets published.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #782 on: May 11, 2019, 08:42:52 PM »

I just submitted my first ever article to the American Conservative for publication. I don't think it'll make it, but I think it's good enough for a first attempt regardless if it gets published.

Awesome! What’s it on? And is the submission process really that simple?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #783 on: May 12, 2019, 12:39:26 AM »

Have u guys ever thought about how if everything was legal there would be no crime?
diptheriadan

« Reply #784 on: May 12, 2019, 11:19:37 AM »

That is almost exactly how he was acting before we took him to the hospital. Hopefully he'll have learnt from this. I can't help but feel that for the first time in a while, he might actually live long enough to see his grandkids. And thank you for your prayers too, man.

In other news, he might not actually be diabetic. Apparently they didn't run the necessary tests before telling us that. I hate doctors that do that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #785 on: May 12, 2019, 04:28:21 PM »

Have u guys ever thought about how if everything was legal there would be no crime?
I have actually.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #786 on: May 12, 2019, 04:44:27 PM »

I might be moving to Santa Cruz in the relatively near future.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #787 on: May 13, 2019, 12:48:09 PM »

It's really hard to be motivated to do stuff when you are not super interested or paid to do it.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #788 on: May 13, 2019, 02:32:34 PM »

Don't you just love it when you work very hard on a presentation for school about Dave Thomas, and you get excited to present, but half the class doesn't even pay attention?

It's weird. One dude did a presentation on Elon Musk, but 90% of it was just us watching some dumb YouTube video he found about him. Meanwhile, when I present my presentation (by the way, school presentations are the only thing in life that I'm good at, and one of the very few things I pride myself on) to the class, nobody even cares. I know it's not really that big, but it feels bad when nobody cares about the only thing in life that I'm good at.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #789 on: May 14, 2019, 12:57:30 PM »

It's weird. One dude did a presentation on Elon Musk, but 90% of it was just us watching some dumb YouTube video he found about him.
Ah, the classic Sanchez strategy!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #790 on: May 14, 2019, 05:00:53 PM »

Enjoying the delicious "secret menu" grilled cheese and tomato soup on United.  Cheesy
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #791 on: May 14, 2019, 05:04:17 PM »

My mother passed away this past Saturday Morning and I found out the news in the middle of the Ozarks as I was driving home from Dallas. I was nearly paralyzed in the middle of the Ozarks unable to drive for nearly seven hours but I was able to make it back to St. Louis.

Kidney failure and cardiac arrest concurrently.

I am very devastated.

Sorry to hear that. Sad  My grandpa just passed away here recently, and seeing the way it affected my dad (his son) - a usually pretty emotions-in-check type of guy - was hard to watch.  I can't imagine losing a parent, especially at an age as young as yours.  Hope you're hanging in there. Sad
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #792 on: May 14, 2019, 05:44:52 PM »

Good thread. On my end, almost done with my first year at UC Berkeley and I've got three finals over the next three days, plus an interview for a writing tutor job in the fall. Of course, I'm just going to post on here all day instead of, you know, preparing for any of this.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #793 on: May 14, 2019, 06:16:54 PM »

Good thread. On my end, almost done with my first year at UC Berkeley and I've got three finals over the next three days, plus an interview for a writing tutor job in the fall. Of course, I'm just going to post on here all day instead of, you know, preparing for any of this.
What I like about you is that, especially for a new poster with less than a thousand posts, is that you “get” Atlas. That’s a key quality when it comes to separating the wheat from the chaff (or the migrant kids from their parents).

Welcome aboard. Once you’re here you can never leave.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #794 on: May 14, 2019, 07:06:59 PM »

happy birthday to me
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #795 on: May 14, 2019, 09:03:38 PM »

What I like about you is that, especially for a new poster with less than a thousand posts, is that you “get” Atlas. That’s a key quality when it comes to separating the wheat from the chaff (or the migrant kids from their parents).

Welcome aboard. Once you’re here you can never leave.

Thanks! Yeah, I've used forums like this before, just never political ones. I really needed an outlet for my trash political opinions/banter after my old movie-watching site died off.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #796 on: May 14, 2019, 11:51:29 PM »

A bit sad to be stateside again after such a wonderful time in Southeast Asia. Possible Zurich trip in then next couple weeks, and then back to Singapore/Malaysia in June. I am seriously considering semi-retiring to Kuala Lumpur and just living off quasi-passive income.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #797 on: May 16, 2019, 01:12:42 AM »

I've decided to reach out to my mother again. I told her that I didn't want to talk to her until the divorce proceedings were over, and they've ended. I decided to give it three months - mainly because I felt like she needed time to heal and learned she engaged in similar behavior with my aunts for what happened.

That's a story in and of itself - my uncle is such a scumbag that she makes my mom look stable - but generally, I've taken more of a "you guys can have whatever relationship you want as long as you don't defend them" stance. Although my mom's in the right, lashing out at her sisters still shows the same pattern of behavior that caused me to go no-contact with her: her inability to accept I want a relationship with my father.

My communication with her is going to be very, very strictly controlled. It's going to be text-only until she's able to process my role in the divorce and why I sat behind my father in court. Absolutely no R-words (or any disparaging comments using my Asperger's), and generally me being more assertive regarding taboo subject matters.

Overall, she seems to actually be healing and building her own life. I have everything to gain and nothing to lose, really.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #798 on: May 16, 2019, 11:41:17 PM »

I'm back in Oklahoma. Hard to believe my first year of college is already over.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #799 on: May 17, 2019, 04:51:08 AM »

I’m leaving FL for the first time in years in a few hours. Flying to Pittsburgh with my folks, then we’re driving down to Braxton County WV to inter Grandma’s ashes.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies