Bolton resigns as U.N. ambassador (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:31:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Bolton resigns as U.N. ambassador (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do you think?
Good move

bad move

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Bolton resigns as U.N. ambassador  (Read 3929 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: December 04, 2006, 01:19:48 PM »
« edited: December 04, 2006, 01:23:02 PM by Tik »

BAD move.  If I were Bush, I'd say, "Appoint him, or no UN ambassador."

Fair enough that you think it's a bad move, but Bush saying that would be an even worse move.

There is speculation that Lieberman could be a replacement, I wonder how that could play out.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 01:43:05 AM »

A terrible shame, this is a bigger loss than most things I can think of, the one thing we need at this point with an new weak Congress is a strong arm at the UN, disagree with me if you like, but our failure to input someone headstrong into this job will cost us plenty.

Headstrong is not commonly applied as a positive description of a diplomat.  The UN ambassador is, first and foremost, a diplomatic job.  In any case, what does the composition of the Congress have to do with it?  What is it exactly that the Congress is going to do/ can do vis a vis the UN job that you wouldn't want it to do? 

You're right, my bad, our ambassadors usually waer those short shorts that instead of saying "pink" or something they say "rape me, i'm from america and weak"

have it your way

You make a good point. Our diplomats should not be a part of your fantasies, it would be very embarrassing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies