WTF, Michale Steele! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:15:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WTF, Michale Steele! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WTF, Michale Steele!  (Read 4264 times)
useful idiot
YaBB God

« on: March 29, 2010, 02:59:59 PM »

Tucker was always better at journalism than TV, I'm glad he's getting some attention.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:24 PM »

Tucker Carlson is an immature twerp who likes to pretend to be 'different' while continuing to act like a right-wing hack and has a love for false equivalency. I haven't a clue how anyone can like the guy.

Right-wing hack how exactly? He opposed the war, hated the Bush administration, supports marijuana legalization, supports gay marriage, and this stuff was before it became popular to be anti-Bush. He was a Paul supporter who works for Cato. How does any of this make him a right wing hack? When he was on Crossfire he was basically forced into being kneejerk conservative due to the format of the show. His show on MSNBC was lightyears ahead of most of the garbage on cable news.

I'll admit back in his Weekly Standard days he was definitely a Reaganite/Contract with America child of 1994. But we should look longingly back at those Republicans...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 02:10:27 PM »

Tucker Carlson remains one of the most grating shills in the media establishment. The man has never met a Republican cause he hasn't adopted wholesale as his own; his entire brand of infotainment is geared towards re-inforcing his own asinine conceptions.

I guess I'll refer you to my previous post which apparently you failed to read:

Right-wing hack how exactly? He opposed the war, hated the Bush administration, supports marijuana legalization, supports gay marriage, and this stuff was before it became popular to be anti-Bush. He was a Paul supporter who works for Cato. How does any of this make him a right wing hack? When he was on Crossfire he was basically forced into being kneejerk conservative due to the format of the show. His show on MSNBC was lightyears ahead of most of the garbage on cable news.

I'll admit back in his Weekly Standard days he was definitely a Reaganite/Contract with America child of 1994. But we should look longingly back at those Republicans...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 02:28:15 PM »

Tucker Carlson remains one of the most grating shills in the media establishment. The man has never met a Republican cause he hasn't adopted wholesale as his own; his entire brand of infotainment is geared towards re-inforcing his own asinine conceptions.

I guess I'll refer you to my previous post which apparently you failed to read:

I understand that subtlety is hardly your strong suit, so let me say in as un-subtle a fashion as I can: that's the point. Carlson knew and knows how utterly hideous the conservative governing philosophy has become, but shies away from saying such with any tangible force, much like our friend paul718, because it might be tantamount to Party disloyalty, which in his hobbled mind might well be equated to treason.

Umm, he publicly attacked the Bush administration before 2004 on a number of points(including opposing the war and opposing the Patriot Act and wiretaps, not just spending like others), and said he didn't vote for Bush. He supported gay marriage at a time when it was absolute heresy within the GOP to do so. He says he's voted Libertarian before(including for Paul in 1988). How is that shying away from disagreeing with Republicans to not appear disloyal?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies