In your opinion, what is the most urgently needed electoral reform in America today? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:53:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  In your opinion, what is the most urgently needed electoral reform in America today? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In your opinion, what is the most urgently needed electoral reform in America today?  (Read 13649 times)
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« on: May 06, 2020, 06:00:18 AM »
« edited: May 06, 2020, 06:03:19 AM by Gramscian-Bidenist »

That's fine so long as everybody is automatically given an ID, instead of the limited access for poor people & minorities that we see in the status quo.

I agree 100%.  All American citizens should have access to a no cost, Federally-issued Photo ID. 

Then why vote Republican?

Complete move to a public campaign finance system. For years I opposed this out of fear that unsavory people would get money, but frankly nothing has been more unsavory then the influence of money in terms of distorting our politics and the will of the voters. It is far more consequential then the Senate or electoral college, which so many have raised as an issue in this thread yet the only mention I see of money is in context of limiting fundraising to within a year before the election.

Get all independent money, self-funding and donations out of politics, give a capped amount to each candidate that way everyone has an equal amount to make their case to the voters. No one can say their free speech has been impinged if everyone has equal access to the resources to get their message out.

If money is power, and if power corrupts, and if money corrupts politics, why isn't money a corrupting influence on business, as well?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies