TPTTAA Poll - Right Unity - How about now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 01:08:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TPTTAA Poll - Right Unity - How about now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Given the recent election results, would you now support a united right party?
I'm in POP or RPP and Yes

I'm in POP or RPP and No

I'm not in either party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: TPTTAA Poll - Right Unity - How about now?  (Read 3717 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: October 26, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »

It was better than nothing, though one election cycle I would actually like to see the RPP/POP back a ticket running on a genuinely conservative/libertarian platform. It's not like we'll win over any JCPers regardless of what we run on.

True.

I actually think this is the problem with the game. A strong, united left dominates national fantasyland politics. When one goes back to the active periods of Atlasia, one will find that the right and left were far more evenly matched than now. Nym won with only one vote in the first Presidential election, after all.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 11:01:05 PM »

It was better than nothing, though one election cycle I would actually like to see the RPP/POP back a ticket running on a genuinely conservative/libertarian platform. It's not like we'll win over any JCPers regardless of what we run on.

True.

I actually think this is the problem with the game. A strong, united left dominates national fantasyland politics. When one goes back to the active periods of Atlasia, one will find that the right and left were far more evenly matched than now. Nym won with only one vote in the first Presidential election, after all.

Given that and other evidence it seems that the Atlas used to be far more conservative than it is now.  Is that true?

No... Lore has it that a bunch people from other websites flooded the mock presidential map.

I wasn't around for it, but some of the forum olds would tell you (and I've seen myself in ancient threads) the forum was more conservative circa 04-05.

Could an old confirm this?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »

True.

Given that and other evidence it seems that the Atlas used to be far more conservative than it is now.  Is that true?

No... Lore has it that a bunch people from other websites flooded the mock presidential map.

I wasn't around for it, but some of the forum olds would tell you (and I've seen myself in ancient threads) the forum was more conservative circa 04-05.

Could an old confirm this?

Atlasia was certainly more on the right in the early days.

When I said old, I think it is implied that I want somebody who registered before I did to respond Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies