TPTTAA Poll - Right Unity - How about now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:03:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TPTTAA Poll - Right Unity - How about now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Given the recent election results, would you now support a united right party?
I'm in POP or RPP and Yes

I'm in POP or RPP and No

I'm not in either party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: TPTTAA Poll - Right Unity - How about now?  (Read 3711 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 26, 2010, 05:53:29 PM »

There's really not much in common between the Populares and the RPP.

I have certainly have little-to-nothing in common ideologically with the people on our supposed "unity ticket".

Yeah, the AndrewCT ticket just about reached the level of pointlessness.  He probably voted far more often with Bgwah than Libertas in the last Senate.

Which is why he almost won.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2010, 12:43:23 PM by Badger »

Undecided.

Only if I led it Wink

Joking of course. However it would have to be led by someone from the right of centre. Given that social issues are resolved it needs to focus on centre-right economic solutions without simply existing to 'gut' legislation it doesn't like; it has to drive forward proposals.

I take offense at that assertion, sir.

While I don't take offense, I do disagree with Afleitch. Several of the regions have, or have passed but had overturned, abortion restrictions well beyond the RL parameters of Roe v. Wade and Casey v. Planned Parenthood. With the rise of the Dixiecrats who oppose gay marriage rights (but not civil unions) as an officially recognized party and force in the SE, that issue may not be fully "resolved" either.

Like it or not, any attempt by the Atlasian right to short change conservative views on social issues is going to create dissension and dissatisfaction among potential supporters whose support they need to win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies