Japan 2021 Tokyo Metropolitan assembly elections (July) and Lower House Election Oct 31st (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:38:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Japan 2021 Tokyo Metropolitan assembly elections (July) and Lower House Election Oct 31st (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Japan 2021 Tokyo Metropolitan assembly elections (July) and Lower House Election Oct 31st  (Read 45471 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 12, 2021, 07:04:44 PM »

https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASP5K633LP5KUTFK01J.html

PNHK changes its name from "NHKから自国民を守る党" or Party that Protects People from the NHK to "古い政党から国民を守る党" or "The Party that Protects the People from Old Political Parties." Most media outlets labels them as  "古" or Old just like 自由民主党(LDP) is called "自" or Freedom.  I guess PNHK (which I assume now has to be called POPP) wants to expand its appeal to not just anti-NHK put as a full blown anti-establishment party.

Political earthquake here.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 05:16:16 PM »

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/content/2021-07-07-japan-to-declare-state-of-emergency-weeks-ahead-of-tokyo-olympics-report/

"Japan To Declare State Of Emergency Weeks Ahead Of Tokyo Olympics: Report"

Pretty much means Olympics will be held without specters.

Oh, good. I don’t want a haunted Olympics.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 10:57:22 PM »

I’m sure it won’t in the long run because Japanese politics basically doesn’t work this way, but would Kishida turn off any more moderate voters that would be more attracted to Kono?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies