The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:06:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity  (Read 215129 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 22, 2017, 09:48:09 PM »

How about this?

How about a Latte (Liberals Against Trump's Tyranny and Egomania) Party?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:06:37 PM »

I like this photo; it’s very badass.

I like to imagine they're guarding a mall

(jk jk)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »

Oh, please let him hand us another race. We can singlehandedly rebuild the ALDEM bench through Roy Moore.

20 years from now, rookie election nerds are going to wonder why Alabama is so much more Democratic than its neighbors, and seasoned ones will be like "let me tell you a story..."
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 07:28:11 AM »

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 07:12:21 PM »

Congressman Joaquin Castro said on the Daily Show yesterday that he believes Beto will win. Source.

I mean what else would he say

CANDIDATE: "I believe!"

CROWD: "I believe!"

CANDIDATE: "I believe that!"

CROWD: "I believe that!"

CANDIDATE: "I believe that we will lose!"

CROWD: "I believe that we will lose! I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL LOSE! I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL LOSE!"

You beat me to it.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 09:48:02 PM »

Out of all places he chose Kissimmee, one of the most Hispanic and Democratic cities in the state. But lol the turnout here

Lmao...even the local Klan didnt bother showing up
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 03:18:44 PM »

I currently attend an SBC church, but until recently, I attended a church that was part of the Church of God/Cleveland, TN, which is very much a top-down denomination.

Joel Osteen takes a lot of unnecessary flak, however.  He takes no salary from his church, and his income is derived from his book sales.  His church has a significant staff of Pastors on staff.

Many preachers take s
wipes at him from the pulpit, including my most recent ex-pastor.  Much of this is coated in jealousy; his messages are NOT "prosperity preaching" and they are Biblically sound.  A megachurch such as Lakewood isn't exactly my cup of tea, but it doesn't deserve the criticism it does.  My hypocritical former pastor took swipes at Joel Osteen, but he cut back all of the church's ministry activities and closed its Christian Daycare to ensure that he'd still get HIS $116K annual compensation package.  (Few know it, but when they give to my former church pretty much all of their money goes to the Pastor, personally, aside from the monies that go to keep the building up.)  My wife and I have left that body.  What is sad for me is that this man (whom I had reservations about from the beginning; I was one of only three that opposed his appointment) turned out to be everything I sensed he was, which is, frankly, just about everything most Atlas Red Avatars think Evangelical Pastors are all about.

I do wish to emphasize that this man is not typical of pastors we know.  We stayed as long as we did because we had a ministry burden for the dwindling number of children that were there, for the school (which my wife worked at), and for some of the older couples there whom we have ministered to.  Our present pastor is "normal" and not a hypocrite.

This deserves more love!  Tears of joy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies