IA-SEN 2022: Grassley vs Franken (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:41:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IA-SEN 2022: Grassley vs Franken (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA-SEN 2022: Grassley vs Franken  (Read 27381 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« on: November 14, 2020, 11:14:07 PM »

My prediction is this race is going to be overhyped. Likely R for now; small chance Ds breakthrough and win, but they need a strong canidate, a good environment nationally despite 2022 probably being a wave year, and some luck.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 11:21:09 PM »

I really don't get how people can think an Iowa senate seat can realistically flip in a Biden midterm when IA is voting nearly 15 points to the right of the nation, and where Democrats just lost a senate race despite many fundementals working in their favor. I guess technically COULD flip, but it would take some very interesting circumstances
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 08:10:42 PM »

Former Representative Jim Leach endorses Franken and Christine Bohannan . Not only that, but he's apparently switching parties too.

Former eastern Iowa Republican Congressman Jim Leach is trying something new this election cycle — endorsing and voting for Democrats in Congress.

Leach represented Iowa in the U.S. House as a moderate Republican for 30 years until he lost reelection to former Rep. Dave Loebsack, a Democrat, in 2006.

He endorsed Barack Obama in 2008 and Joe Biden in 2020. But for the first time, he said he switched his party registration from R to D to vote in the 2022 June primary.

Leach, 79, said the switch was prompted by a Republican Party that he described as lurching to the right in its support for Donald Trump leading up to and after Jan. 6, and lying about the results of the 2020 election.

Based, but I think he has a much more open view than most of the electorate ever will.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 11:32:20 PM »

Yeah Grassley will win pretty comfortably but his days of massive overperformances are over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies